Author Topic: I think Apple may be getting a little abusive with its patent system  (Read 1863 times)

Now that he's dead maybe his company will eventually stop becoming such a slimebag and work on making their products actually worth the money they charge for it.

Now that he's dead maybe his company will eventually stop becoming such a slimebag and work on making their products actually worth the money they charge for it.
Aside from Mac, their products are worth the money you pay for them. An iPhone is worth $199 for sure.

I wonder if anyone said "could be abused" in the suggestions thread for patent laws

Sometimes I think people underestimate how much the iPhone really revolutionized the mobile phone industry.

>pic related

Now it's less about the outside color where it looks nice,
And more about the inside color where it counts.
Also they break more easily.
Dang.

Is is present tense.
You can still be a prick when you're dead, right?

You can still be a prick when you're dead, right?
Only vampires.

Now it's less about the outside color where it looks nice,
And more about the inside color where it counts.
Also they break more easily.
Dang.

I know at least a dozen people at my school with broken iphones screens.

I know at least a dozen people at my school with broken iphones screens.
I dropped my iPhone off my balcony onto edge of the roof of my mother's SUV and then it hit the concrete driveway.

Not even a scratch on it.

Sometimes I think people underestimate how much the iPhone really revolutionized the mobile phone industry.

>pic related
  • large electric touchscreen
  • minimal amount of buttons

the only thing apple "revolutionized" is the pricing and the freedoms of the user.  I used the term "revolutionized" sarcastically, mind you.  there's no reason to patent every single particle in an iPhone design.

freedoms of the user

funny. Not much modification allowed with apple products.

Apple legally registered the patents and therefore it is only right they are upheld in a court of law.

The question is whether or not such a patent should be able to be registered in the first place. This is a problem with patents, not Apple. It isn't "Apple's patent system" no no, such language is critical of the company when it isn't about them so much; they are just being made an example of.

It is predictable that Android folks or those anti-Mac people would end up vocal (and critical) of Apple, but Apple itself has been taken to court by other companies for patent disputes. Apple is not the only company to enforce their design patents, you can count on that much.

I am glad Steve Jobs died.  All apple wants is to have a monopoly where they can drive up the price to crazytown banana pants.