I think Apple may be getting a little abusive with its patent system

Author Topic: I think Apple may be getting a little abusive with its patent system  (Read 1864 times)

I am glad Steve Jobs died.  All apple wants is to have a monopoly where they can drive up the price to crazytown banana pants.
Now I want some crazytown bananna pants to wear. <:(

funny. Not much modification allowed with apple products.
the only thing apple "revolutionized" is the pricing and the freedoms of the user.  I used the term "revolutionized" sarcastically, mind you.
that's what my point was.  they only managed to generate ridiculous profits off of high prices despite being chinese manufactured glass and totally limit the modification ability.

I am glad Steve Jobs died.  All apple wants is to have a monopoly where they can drive up the price to crazytown banana pants.

Mm that is poor taste.

Steve Jobs wanted to create his ideal version of what a computer / phone / device should be like and stop the companies who he believed "sucked" from benefiting from his work. The design was Jonathan Ives of course.

The debate is about whether or not patents and patent disputes like this encourage or hamper innovation. Why anyone is turning this into an anti-Mac tirade is beyond me, but it doesn't make those people look very clever.

Steve Jobs wanted to create his ideal version of what a computer / phone / device should be like and stop the companies who he believed "sucked" from benefiting from his work. The design was Jonathan Ives of course.

Other companies are inferior. I must wipe them from the face of the earth. TECHNOLOGICAL GENOCIDE COMMENCE!

Other companies are inferior. I must wipe them from the face of the earth. TECHNOLOGICAL GENOCIDE COMMENCE!

*gasps*

With Steve Job's death, I was hoping Apple would perhaps be a little less handicapped. I doubt it will ever change.

Apple tried to patent multitouch even though it was around before them

they also tried to patent rounded squares

they also tried to patent rounded squares
Yeah this may seem really outrageous, but Amazon and Microsoft was able to design unique homescreens for their devices, Samsung probably could have came up with something else instead of copying Apple.

Samsung did copy Apple very deliberately. That's why Apple won.

Samsung did copy Apple very deliberately. That's why Apple won.
Yeah, and to be honest, I think all the touch screen devices are ripoffs of palm pilots.

This is Apples try to survive.

They are a failing company and they cannot see that. I give it a few years before they go bankrupt.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:08:00 PM by Blockzillahead »

didn't they patent round edges or something like that?

Yeah, and to be honest, I think all the touch screen devices are ripoffs of palm pilots.
Palm Pilots didn't use mutlitouch. Apple was the first to use a large mutlitouch screen. I'm sure another company eventually came up with the iPhone's basic design, but apple was first.
And do you have evidence that touch screen devices were TRYING to copy the Palm Pilot.

This is Apples try to survive.

They are a failing company and they cannot see that. I give it a few years before they go bankrupt.

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:AAPL

It's a design patent.

this whole thing is pretty dumb

Apple sues just about for everything these days. "Oh it has a touch screen, but designed and built differently from ours, but it's still a touch screen so we are sueing." If Apple keeps sueing over every little thing technology will not be able to progress and we will be stuck in one age for a long time. Soon Apple farmers will be sued by Apple just because of the name of the crop they grow. Also anyone who defends false claims of patents for stuff that doesn't exsist yet supports the haulting of progress and monopolies.

Also if Apple becomes the only tech company then that will give lots of time for hackers to create viruses for the subhuman apple products.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:22:51 PM by Harm94 »

phew

minecraft is safe