Author Topic: Something that doesn't make a lick of sense (Mostly for U.S. citizens)  (Read 2378 times)

so the other day a buddy of mine was thrown in jail on a possession charge and just about 2 weeks ago I was thrown in the slammer for posessing marijuana. The thing i want to know is why hard-working and honest Americans are being thrown in jail for stupid stuff!

Usually when a person is sent to jail for 90 days they had done something that was wrong. The thing is, my buddy did nothing wrong and neither did I, we simply wanted to smoke some weed to relax because our GF's had been pissing us off earlier that day. I don't see why someone should be thrown in jail for smoking when there are people out in the world who deserve to be in jail for arson, rape, etc.

I guess what im saying is that smoking shouldn't be a crime! In most other countries smoking is not "legal" persay, but it is tolerated. I can understand if someone is trafficing major amounts of drugs for profit, but to bust someone for wanting to relax? It's really quite absurd.

While i was in jail a met a dude named jonny who got moved from block 2 to our block (4) because he was pissing in the trash can instead of the toilet. (right?) But during the time he was in our cell he told me that he was in their for attempted arson and grand theft auto. GRAND THEFT -loving- AUTO. And guess what? He only had 60 days above his head. But hey, a perfectly innocent guy like me had 90 days for wanting to chill with my bro and smoke a fatty, watch some tv, eat, and pass out. The next day we go see our gf's and just hang out. I don't see how we were committing any crime, we didn't hurt anyone (nor was it our intention to) and we never did anything stupid in public (again, not an intention). All we wanted to do was get high. Why is that so bad?

Instead of punishing people for what they might do, how about you punish the people who have done wrong and deserve to be in jail, ya know, people who steal, rape, and murder. I mean hell anyone could be thrown in jail for what they might do, but it's not until they commit the crime that they are guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty? No; guilty until proven innocent.

The forget

inb4everypothead in bl

ONTOPIC: the police force is to goddamn lazy to run after rapists.

Misspelling "per se" should be a crime instead of marijuana possession. :(

I dont think people should smoke but
I think possesion of marijuana should be decriminalized.
The jails are getting so crowded and cops have wayyy more important things they should be doing, rather than arresting someone with a little weed

The US is one of the dumbest (and certainly fattest) countries in then world. Especially withe the anti-UHC propaganda and creationism running rampant among America's average citizen. Pot should be one of the least concerns but noo....

I think possesion of marijuana should be decriminalized.
The jails are getting so crowded and cops have wayyy more important things they should be doing, rather than arresting someone with a little weed

Exactly. Hell you'd think I'd be costing the sate more money than a lil 10 dollar bag of bud. But they make up for it in commerce, a toothbrush with a full sized handle costs like 5 forgetin bucks its ridiculous. The thumb size is free for the first one, but after that they charge 2 dollars a pop and it aint worth 50 forgetin cents

And see i can understand hard drugs because they really do make certain people do dumb stuff, like crack or cocaine, but weed? Come one it's gods plant if he didnt want us using it he wouldnt have grown it naturally

Exactly. Hell you'd think I'd be costing the sate more money than a lil 10 dollar bag of bud. But they make up for it in commerce, a toothbrush with a full sized handle costs like 5 forgetin bucks its ridiculous. The thumb size is free for the first one, but after that they charge 2 dollars a pop and it aint worth 50 forgetin cents

I cant understand a word you just said there

Maybe instead of drugs you oughta find better and less illeagal ways of relaxation.

i agree, weed shouldn't be illegal.

weed should be legalized and tobacco illegalized. it does way worse stuff than weed ever could.

What did your GFs do to piss you off?

I don't have an issue with weed being illegal, but I think it should only be able to give you a fine. Jail time is stupid.

Maybe instead of drugs you oughta find better and less illeagal ways of relaxation.

But thats the whole point, if someone wants to kill themselves using drugs than thats their own problem! hell people kill themselves every day by smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee, why should drugs be any different? Now if someone gets high and commits a crime then they should be thrown in jail, but to get high and mind your own business is completely different.

if i drink some coffee or smoke a cig and go blast some people is it the coffee or cigarettes fault? forget no the person is held accountable and thats how it should be with drugs. dont blame the drug, blame the idiot who got high and did something stupid

weed should be legalized and tobacco illegalized. it does way worse stuff than weed ever could.
Don't illegalize tobacco... that stuff is what keeps whats left of my county's economy running, if you took out tobbaco imagine the issues ecomically..

the only drug that should be legal is over the counter ones and caffeine. weed doesnt do anything to your brain really but it still forgets with the natural systems in your body in a bad way, and you would end up spending hella money on weed because its addictive like that.

blame the idiot who got high and did something stupid

you just disproved your own theory btw

the law stops people from hurting other people, if you are high, your emotions could be pretty forgeted and you could end up murdering someone