Author Topic: Where are all the good servers?  (Read 2664 times)

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I have a bit of a rant here.

This is my opinion on servers online lately. You can have your opinions and favorite servers.

Lately, there have been rarely any good servers. Servers that I frequent include:  []----[]'s Mafia Madness (rarely up), Glass' Trench Wars (only recently up), and other very few miscellaneous building servers. So my question is:  what has happened to all the fun servers and good hosts? The past couple weeks, I have had trouble finding fun servers to play on. I play Blockland almost every day and lately it's been getting boring because there are rarely any decent servers running. I am at Glass' server quite a bit, but after a while that gets boring and I find myself at a loss when I go looking for a new server. I am use to getting on Blockland and seeing 3 to 5 really good servers up.

I'm not sure if it's just me that has noticed this. I seriously can't remember the last server that was fun that was up longer than a couple hours. Below are some pictures of servers I generally have fun on such as DMs, some freebuilds, death runs, and trench servers.

Take a look at this:

Here are some freebuild servers:

Here are some DM servers:

I don't really like knife TDMs, so that eliminates like 4 servers here, leaving Sgt. A. Walter's Resistance TDM where there is barely anyone there anyways.

Here are some Trench servers:

The only decent one is Glass' Trench Wars, and to be honest, it's becoming quite boring.

Here are some Death Run servers:

I had been to Kong's and that was fun for about 20 minutes.

Now let's take a look at RP servers:

I counted 25 RP servers. 25. This is 20% of all servers online and 55% of the join-able servers above. There are more RP servers than servers I would consider joining.

So am I the only one who has noticed this? Am I losing it or something? Does anyone agree with me?
/discuss

First of all, many of the best servers relied on terrain or interior. After v21, those servers obviously had to go.

Secondly, the recent changes in Blockland has caused many of the older, more experienced players to feel disappointed and leave. The player count has actually dropped since last year, and the ones who still play are mostly newer players with less experience in hosting.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:56:49 PM by Jorgur »

Many of the best servers relied on terrain or interior. After v21, those servers obviously had to go.
I actually rarely played on servers that were on terrain maps. I played on VERY few fort wars, that would have been about it.

What I am mainly looking for are those well-hosted servers, like Cucumberdude's (where did he go), Bushido's DM and TDMs, and other servers that don't get boring after 30 minutes of play. My favorite server right now is []----[]'s Mafia Madness, and he only hosts that like once a week. It's sad.

What happened to servers in general?

The community grew but nightly player and servers counts dropped

I actually rarely played on servers that were on terrain maps. I played on VERY few fort wars, that would have been about it.

What I am mainly looking for are those well-hosted servers, like Cucumberdude's (where did he go), Bushido's DM and TDMs, and other servers that don't get boring after 30 minutes of play. My favorite server right now is []----[]'s Mafia Madness, and he only hosts that like once a week. It's sad.
Yeah, as I edited into my post, it's a matter of hosting experience. The old people leave, new ones come in. Server quality might improve somewhat over time, but I doubt things will ever return to the way they used to be.

I heard shyguys death run was pretty fun.

First of all, many of the best servers relied on terrain or interior. After v21, those servers obviously had to go.

Secondly, the recent changes in Blockland has caused many of the older, more experienced players to feel disappointed and leave. The player count has actually dropped since last year, and the ones who still play are mostly newer players with less experience in hosting.
I was just about to say  "I think jogur left" then I saw your name lol

You need to refine your searches.

Try TDM, DM, Family, Life, City, Knife, love, Trench, RP, RPG, Mini.  I think that should create a more balanced load.

Also, I have noticed the decrease of good servers, and the increase in RPs.  Unfortunately, the increase in RPs are from te creativity of new players and their lack of knowledge of eventing, and the general dearth in interest to learn.  I think we need to just influence the older players with good servers to stay, and tell all the starfish "older players" to go away, because I think it's also the slightly less new new players, like 20Ks, that are better in games, like TDMs, than the new players, that then are mean and bully the younger players, leading them not to broaden their game range.  I think for now, anyone who has a popular server needs to listen to server guests as to which admins are and are not being good admins.  When bad admins are gone, and good admins installed, then the games are more inviting for new players.  Otherwise, they'll just crawl back to their Family RPs, Life RPs, free builds, and other more creative and less combatant games.

Everybody really needs to be understanding to new players and welcome them into the community so we can teach them.

Everybody really needs to be understanding to new players and welcome them into the community so we can teach them.
I feel like the best way to influence newer players is to host good servers. When a newer player joins a really fun and well built DM or something, they have something to shoot for. I know when I see a really fun server or a really good build, it inspires me to make something just as good.

Some one finally gets my point.

But here's the deal.

I have a few cool things up my ass that I want to show you guys.

For starters, OI is coming soon on Kalph's hosting
Next Blockbuilder, Super Sonic ELL and I are working on something called Dead Paradise (Basically Day Z lol)
Then I'm working on something called Firesquad, a gamemode for everyone to use.
Last but not least, Me and maybe someone else are going to make a huge terrain bricks map for gravity cat.
IF IT'S GOOD HE MIGHT PUT UP GOVS VS REBELS ON IT.

Anybitches intersted?

Join my server, its nothing at all, just freebuild and having fun (blockland server)

I heard shyguys death run was pretty fun.
>Shyguys death run
>"YOLO THIS BRIGE ADN I YOLO YOU LOLS YOLO YOLO"

So am I the only one who has noticed this?
you and the other 100 people a year that have a whine about this

*yawn*