Author Topic: Steam Greenlight?  (Read 3802 times)

Why the forget not? Why is it a bad idea? Perhaps provide the logic behind your answer.

I personally think it's a great idea, and in the end, it's Badspot's choice. He's already proven that he doesn't give a stuff what the community wants most of the time with the v21 update, removing terrains and all of that useless garbage, so why not?

You're an idiot. Use the loving search button.

It's worth it, because Blockland has a rainbow of ways to have fun.

I agree. I never regret my 20$ I've spent on Blockland, not like nearly 100$ for f*cking Roblox(it was 4 years ago...)...
Personally, I think it would be great if BL was on Greenlight. Maybe it wouldn't be approved, because much of Greenlight's audience wouldn't know anything about BL, but at least some people would come in BL. Many idiots would join, but many good players would join also.

I don't know if you guys have taken a little peek into the stuffhole that is Steam Greenlight, but some of the worst pieces of stuff can easily get hundreds of favorites and votes there. A game as alright (I guess) as Blockland wouldn't have trouble finding approval.

Really, it just matters what Badspot wants and whether or not he wants to fix that stuff so it works with the overlay and add-ons don't get broke. Words hard to type my hands.

vanilla blockland doesn't have an overlay, rtb does, so that's ephiliates' problem
add-ons wouldn't break

These topics about steam are starting to get annoying, I say NO for the 3rd time.
I would not want the game to be as busy as the steam servers during a sale.
Oh god just thinking about that makes me sad.

These topics about steam are starting to get annoying, I say NO for the 3rd time.

what

what's wrong with you that would be amazing what the forget

why is everyone being so damn close minded about expanding the playerbase? nobody's leaving, it's just that more people are joining. there are like, no ill effects that can't be stopped by simply not letting people you don't like play with you

Give me Name three reasons why Blockland can't work on steam.

I see literally no big, crippling, "absolutely not" type reasons for anybody to not want Blockland on greenlight. Blockland is not too expensive at all, if Minecraft is more expensive/as expensive as Blockland and still has a larger playerbase (albeit most of that playerbase coming from when it was like 15 or 20 bucks whatever), I see no reason for you to call Blockland overpriced. As for the playerbase, like Bushido said, most of the open-minded people won't leave, and if you do leave because the playerbase is expanding, you are an elitist starfish. Although I do see a few problems, one being that people might be turned off by the fact that you'd have Steam starting the Blockland launcher, then that starts Blockland. But, Badspot isn't stupid. He'd probably take care of that. There's also the whole add-ons thing. I don't think people would like to pop into their Steam folder and dump their add-ons there, but who knows. I sure as hell don't. Maybe add-ons could be uploaded to the workshop, look, it doesn't matter. If Badspot gave the green light to stick this on greenlight (Pun, I'll be here all weekend), I'd support it.

More players is good, If noobs come you just ban'em. DUH.

Pros:*Badspot gets $$$
*More Servers
*More Add-ons
*More unique servers (mostly as a result of more servers+add-ons)

Cons:(none, due to the fact admins/super-admins can easily ban noobs and there are votekick add-ons)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:37:26 AM by coolitic »

I don't know if you guys have taken a little peek into the stuffhole that is Steam Greenlight, but some of the worst pieces of stuff can easily get hundreds of favorites and votes there. A game as alright (I guess) as Blockland wouldn't have trouble finding approval.

Really, it just matters what Badspot wants and whether or not he wants to fix that stuff so it works with the overlay and add-ons don't get broke. Words hard to type my hands.

watch your language.

You just admitted to a triple post/reply of the same thing.

The reason I've heard it shouldn't be on is because Badspot would get such a little part of the money.

The reason I've heard it shouldn't be on is because Badspot would get such a little part of the money.

Ask Badspot/Steam for that. Badspot would get AT LEAST half of it, most probably 75%. (otherwise no-one would put games on steam other than Valve)

Ask Badspot/Steam for that. Badspot would get AT LEAST half of it. (otherwise no-one would put games on steam other than Valve)
The engine creators already gets a big part of it

The engine creators already gets a big part of it

wrong,,, they dont. They dont get any. Badspot just pays to buy the engine software.