Placid's Challenges [1 Upcoming]

Author Topic: Placid's Challenges [1 Upcoming]  (Read 3537 times)

hi
i'm placid
i make challenges
no, i do not believe this belongs in gallery, it's a promo for the server
note: my challenges are, in fact, challenging. they usually don't require luck (ie choose this color) and require jumping or timing skill and precision. if you don't like that, you don't have to come. just don't complain to me that you can't do something.

NEWS: AS OF RIGHT NOW (9/1/12, 1:58 PM EST) WE HAVE A WORKING CHECKPOINT SAVER THANKS TO MOLD. YOUR CHECKPOINT PROGRESS MAY HAVE BEEN LOST BUT NOW THERE WILL BE NO MORE JET/SPAWNING ON THE ROOF GLITCHES (yay). FROM NOW ON IF YOU ARE ON A CHECK YOU WILL RESPAWN THERE IF YOU LEAVE THE SERVER AND COME BACK.

Challenge 1: Jump Challenge
this challenge is based on jumping, timing and some glitches. it's more of an AiO, but it has a lot of ramps and special bricks.
legend: RED: kill on touch, everything else: platforms
levels: 16, difficulty: easy --> expert
pictures:

(one of the more.. popular levels)

tips:
-remember, it's a challenge. it's supposed to be hard. you have to think. i'm gonna tell you right now that level 1 has stumped a lot of people, so don't get frustrated.
-think and remember that i don't add stuff into the environment for the fun of it. it's there for a reason.
-jump.
-crouch.
winners:
-Manty: 72 deaths
-Sycrone: ???? deaths

Challenge 2: Grapple Hook Challenge
a bit of a new concept, there's more timing and precision involved in this one.
legend: GREEN: grappleable bricks, RED: kill on touch, PURPLE: kill on grapple.
levels: 14, difficulty: easy --> hard
pictures:

tips:
-jumping and hitting a grapple point in mid air will give you some more velocity. try to utilize the different types of grappling to get different types of velocity for each level.
-"grapple sprinting": you can use a grapple hook to shoot at the floor and jump which will give you a big boost in speed going forwards.
winners:
-none yet

upcoming challenges:
-rocket jumping

server status:

THE SUCCESS
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:10:59 PM by Placid »

Challenges are for mondays only not really im just bad at them :(((

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:04:27 PM by Badspot »

Cool, but no offence, the thread's grammar burns my eyes off.

I love you, also you should really make a rocket jumping challenge those are my favorites.

I love you, also you should really make a rocket jumping challenge those are my favorites.
yeah, that's what i'm thinking about doing next.
after grapples, that is.

can you do a puzzle challenge next?

looks neat

...dem pink trees fffff

server is moving over to a better, lower ping server. please stand by and i'll post when it's up.

Legit challenge is legit.

Happy to see a grapple hook challenge.

I've been sitting on an idea for a challenge for a while, I'll explain it here. Hopefully it's interesting enough to build.

If you've ever played ZAPT you should know how the leaper playertype works. It has an energy bar that depletes every time you leap (crouch rightclick), and regains slowly. The leaper can leap off of walls (when touching one crouch and right click facing away from the wall) and do some neat trajectory jumps which I thought would be fun for a challenge.  Certainly more novel than standard skill jumps, and can be combined with jump glitches for an ultimate challenge, probably.

hurry up and host it :(

alright its back up ill update the stuff in the op in a sec

server blows so bad placid nice fail worst server 2012 so bad placid give up
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:34:12 PM by Racerboy »

asdf server name won't change from snake rave -.-