Author Topic: Destiny Ascension [WIP]  (Read 1471 times)

I've been working on a spaceship for a little bit today, named the Destiny Ascension. NOTE: It has nothing to do with the Asari ship Destiny Ascension from Mass Effect. I had no idea that was even a ship. Save will be posted when it's done.

Pictures:

yep, those are baseplates
what am i looking at again

yep, those are baseplates
what am i looking at again

Read the title. WIP.

I highly recommend NOT posting WIP ships. This isn't because they look bad, it's because it triggers some psychological requirement to garner attention from it. Posting the thread satisfies this requirement wether you realize it or not and you end up never finishing the ship. If I made a thread for every ship I ever started there would be quite a few more threads in my name.

On top of that, liken the ship to a piece of art. Do painters put their pieces in galleries while they're working on them? I think not. Unless this is some sort of group project where there are multiple people to keep each other busy and focused, posting WIP threads is usually the the sign of death for a project.

However there are a few people on here who seem to maintain the discipline to complete ships that they post WIP images for, and I admire them for that. However the vast majority of people do not, including myself.

I highly recommend NOT posting WIP ships. This isn't because they look bad, it's because it triggers some psychological requirement to garner attention from it. Posting the thread satisfies this requirement wether you realize it or not and you end up never finishing the ship. If I made a thread for every ship I ever started there would be quite a few more threads in my name.

On top of that, liken the ship to a piece of art. Do painters put their pieces in galleries while they're working on them? I think not. Unless this is some sort of group project where there are multiple people to keep each other busy and focused, posting WIP threads is usually the the sign of death for a project.

However there are a few people on here who seem to maintain the discipline to complete ships that they post WIP images for, and I admire them for that. However the vast majority of people do not, including myself.

Thanks for the advice comr4de. In fact I'm actually getting inspiration from your ships. I posted a WIP thread because I'm dedicated to finishing it, and building a fleet alongside it.

I made something exactly like this long ago
It remains unfinished and ugly in my saves folder.

Goddamnit after posting that picture of that carrier I stopped working on it completely for no reason.
PhD comr4d.

Goddamnit after posting that picture of that carrier I stopped working on it completely for no reason.
PhD comr4d.
I remember that one. You should finish it.