Author Topic: Group Brick Naming (A SERIOUSLY GOOD IDEA)  (Read 2049 times)

I really love this idea.

Right but the naming sequence would have to use tags to support this feature, such as NAMEDBRICK<subName:BrickGroup1>

It would be much easier just to add another name box to the wrench menu
no clue what you're trying to say
you can have the client input data in any way you want though, why not just do name_subname so you don't need to edit the GUI, and then just split it on the server end?

I really love this idea.
So do I.
I really hope this gets made.

you can have the client input data in any way you want though, why not just do name_subname so you don't need to edit the GUI, and then just split it on the server end?
I suppose that would work, but on the server end, wouldn't the server mess up things like:
AX91G_Processor
That's not a group or anything, its just a name, but the server would think that AX91G is the name of the brick, and Processor is the group name.

What? I am not sure what you mean. Explain it a little more basically

What I am saying is that each brick will have 2 names, the brick name and the group name. You might be confusing this with having a single group and using the self input on the brick itself. Think about using a switch where a single brick would have 2 names, NAMEDBRICK and SUBNAMEDBRICK events for targeting specific bricks and bricks as a group. This would also be very useful for VCE so you could test certain bricks in a group, while testing the group as a whole

What? I am not sure what you mean. Explain it a little more basically

What I am saying is that each brick will have 2 names, the brick name and the group name. You might be confusing this with having a single group and using the self input on the brick itself. Think about using a switch where a single brick would have 2 names, NAMEDBRICK and SUBNAMEDBRICK events for targeting specific bricks and bricks as a group. This would also be very useful for VCE so you could test certain bricks in a group, while testing the group as a whole
Don't forget about how this would require a server mod and that loading a save on a server without this mod would likely break the events unless some sort of workaround to this problem is created.

Don't forget about how this would require a server mod and that loading a save on a server without this mod would likely break the events unless some sort of workaround to this problem is created.

Well since no bricks currently use this, it would be in Baddy's best interest to just apply this to the next (or a future) update. That way all Blockland players have it instead of it just being and add-on that people choose to download.

Well since no bricks currently use this, it would be in Baddy's best interest to just apply this to the next (or a future) update. That way all Blockland players have it instead of it just being and add-on that people choose to download.
Does baddy ever take the community's popular interest seriously?

No.

He wouldn't apply this to a future update. If that were the case then the duplicator duplorcator would be default.

Does baddy ever take the community's popular interest seriously?

No.

He wouldn't apply this to a future update. If that were the case then the duplicator duplorcator would be default.

I understand it is unlikely, but I made the suggestion hoping he or another important figure in the Blockland team would see it. That's why the topic says
(A SERIOUSLY GOOD IDEA).
I know it means nothing to them, but just hoping that someone from the team would see it, was enough motivation for me to suggest it

That's why the topic says
(A SERIOUSLY GOOD IDEA).
And that's the exactly why you look like an attention whore and developers might avoid it. There have been plenty of "seriously good ideas" and I've never seen anyone putting anything like that to the title.

I will also stab myself if you start calling this sub names instead of groups.

So, multiple names per brick, I guess?
Yes. I want this.

And that's the exactly why you look like an attention whore and developers might avoid it. There have been plenty of "seriously good ideas" and I've never seen anyone putting anything like that to the title.

I will also stab myself if you start calling this sub names instead of groups.

I know it looks attention whorey but i don't care. I posted it like that because it's the truth, otherwise I would over exaggerate and say "OMG BEST ADD-ON EVR" when it really isn't. (A SERIOUSLY GOOD IDEA) would be a decent tag to describe this idea.

And yes I have changed it. Group name suits it much better. The wrench menu would say "Brick Name" and "Group Name"

Please don't grab the sharp object in the left-most drawer.