Author Topic: Doctor Who - Christmas Special  (Read 4947 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KVpvEUTns - Trailer for Christmas Special 2012
There was so much sarcasm in the beginning about Oswin not being related.

:D

Also when does the Christmas special air?

Also when does the Christmas special air?

25th December, Christmas Day, 2012. Most likely around about 7:00PM GMT+0 on BBC One and BBC One HD.

I saw the Children In Need pre-Christmas-trailer "minisode", and then the actual Christmas trailer afterwards.

Loved the silly yet equally moody look to it.

And it looks like Doctor Who will make another common Christmas object horribly evil.
They've already had murderous Santa Claus's, saw-blade spinning Christmas Trees, evil spider alien Christmas Star shaped spaceships, and now the jolly old Snowman.

Looking forward to the next series and the new companion.
Hopefully we get less focus on her relationship with the Doctor. I like the way it's been done previously with Rose and Martha, being rather tame. With Amy it was always a little bit too stuffed down your throat. And it was also atleast a little bit pervy. Considering this is a person who basically fell in love with him as a child.

Nevermind though, hopefully we get a properly menacing hidden backstory. There won't be much time to explore it however, due to the BBC's stuffty re-approach to the Doctor Who shedule. Let's just hope it'll be great though and won't get too caught up in one companion.

Also, new year is approaching, with a Christmas Episode of Doctor Who and the rest of this series.
But, hopefully there may also be a new Torchwood series? I really enjoyed the last one. I quite like the American touch to it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:17:17 PM by sir dooble »

YES, a chrismas special. I have watched all of the episodes.

So guys.

Favorite Doctor?

Favorite companion?

My choices would be 10 and Rose but I've never seen the old ones.

So guys.

Favorite Doctor?

Favorite companion?

My choices would be 10 and Rose but I've never seen the old ones.

rose was kind of fat

Favorite Doctor? 11th

Favorite companion? The Ponds (This includes River Song)

Ive watched the 9th, 10th, and 11th doctor, all seasons.
I haven't watched the original show.

So guys.

Favorite Doctor? David Tennant

Favorite companion? Catherine Tate/Donna Noble
I would like to note that I love how like the first time you see River is in the episode "Silence In The Library"
To bad me nor my Father could guess that she would be coming back.

That's the problem
I don't really think so. To me it seems like the old and new episodes are totally different. They only share a concept and a name, in reality. The Doctor changed so much as a result of the Time War and the way it is shot and directed is so different. I don't think it's fair to compare the original run to the new series.

Where can I watch the old episodes?
Who know. I know where I can though. My dad has them. :D
But I've already seen them.

lol New Who fans
There's no reason to be a condescending starfish just because people like the new series of Doctor Who and have not seen the old ones.

There's no reason to be a condescending starfish just because people like the new series of Doctor Who and have not seen the old ones.
That's perfect reason