Fixed Bot Events

Author Topic: Fixed Bot Events  (Read 4360 times)

BOT EVENTS FIXED

I took the time to read up on just why the Bot Events were borked. It appears a certain string in the server.cs causes errors. Most notably, the part in the code where the events were pre-configured after you respawn a newly-created Bot. To be even more descriptive, the problem was with /ApplyAv, and armor.

I took a bit of time to go through the script and and basically delete that stuff. The bots work just as before, but this time with no console errors.

THINGS TO MENTION:
-RTB Prefs Removed due to lack of usefulness (paint bot never worked correctly anyways, t'as been removed)
-/ApplyAv does not add Armor. If you want it, add the extra event yourself. It's only one event.

Everything else has worked fine for me. If there any problems let me know, I'll help best I can

Have Fun (Again):
-snip4noa-

Here is my console.log after the add-on loaded. Starts up fine:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:34:28 AM by Goth77 »

looks cool

but you still can abuse it?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:08:29 AM by MrLoL² »

did u fix the crashes? if you didn't, this shouldn't have been released

looks cool

but you still can abuse it?

There are a ton of add-ons you can abuse. VCE is a great example of this. About the only way this can be abused is by making some stupid loop using events. This can be done with default events even; such as relays. The whole point of the BAN button is to ban abusers/douchebags/spammers on the server. Use it if necessary.

Is there still the one bug that allowed the bot to detroy his own spawn, causing the game to crash?

If so, a ban wouldn't be effective enough unless you caught it before it happens...

This is not fixed bot events. All you did was remove the error messages.

There are a ton of add-ons you can abuse. VCE is a great example of this. About the only way this can be abused is by making some stupid loop using events. This can be done with default events even; such as relays. The whole point of the BAN button is to ban abusers/douchebags/spammers on the server. Use it if necessary.

VCE is less important than that fungusamongus stuff that some people still play with.

VCE is less important than that fungusamongus stuff that some people still play with.
Not the point

This is not fixed bot events. All you did was remove the error messages.
No I completely removed the error. Read the code budro.

Is there still the one bug that allowed the bot to detroy his own spawn, causing the game to crash?
I didn't know that bug existed! I'm looking into it now, but I doubt if it will make the game crash, it will probably just delete the bot?

EDIT2:  I am glad you mentioned this. It seems that the server WILL crash if a bot has a hammer/wand and you deliberately make him attack his own spawn. Don't do this. Don't give a Bot Default/Admin tools. There really isn't a reason to, but now i see what you mean by instant-abuse. I will go through the code and attempt a fix. Download temp removed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:35:00 AM by Goth77 »

You could of deleted the namecheck and renamed the file.

If it's possible, you could set bots to be bl_id 888888 so they will never destroy your bricks, as they don't have your full trust.

No I completely removed the error. Read the code budro.
Just because you removed the error does not mean it's fixed. There are still COUNTLESS ways to forget up any server that has these, NONE of them were fixed.

I think this add-on was failed and fungusamongus's key revoked for a reason.

Just because you removed the error does not mean it's fixed. There are still COUNTLESS ways to forget up any server that has these, NONE of them were fixed.

There are still countless ways to forget up a server using relays. Get rid of them. Are you hearing yourself? You are blaming the add-on for peoples creativity.

The big concern right now is how to allow a bot to delete himself, or just prevent him from equipping the Hammer/Wand/D-Wand
Why? Because it INSTANTLY crashes the server. These other minor "event loops" you are speaking of are going to exist even if the add-on is 100% clean-coded and error free at all times.

There are not countless ways to forget up a server with relays, because badspot made a maximum relay speed. Please know what you're talking about before reply.

And you do realize that every single "little event loop" you're talking about is able to crash the server because it DOES NOT have the same safety as relays, right?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:07:38 AM by Ipquarx »

There are not countless ways to forget up a server with relays.

And you do realize that every single "little event loop" you're talking about is able to crash the server because it DOES NOT have the same safety as relays, right?

You can still cause significant lag using relays, and someone with a bad connection may crash.
It's called trusting the people on your server not to do it. I know you can't trust everyone, but you learn that through experience, not through some bullstuff-proof add-on.

Save often and be a Watchful Admin. Do add-ons have to do everything for you?

badspot made a maximum relay speed. Please know what you're talking about before reply.
Same for you?
Also, the maximum relay speed cannot exceed 30 seconds unless otherwise counted by variables. Its never been able to, to my knowledge. It's the minimum relay speed you should be worried about
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:20:24 AM by Goth77 »