Author Topic: Am I the only one who sees these weird streaks of light?  (Read 14343 times)

And it takes forever to go away, I have to rinse mine or it will just keep smearing :(
"hey bb can i wear your glasses"

"fine forget sake"

*returns them, smeared to forget*

Damn it all.

Damn it all.
>hay bbyz cna i c ur glases????
>ya shore bbyz
/give glasses
>whoahoaho uir so blind rofl
/removes glasses
/hands back with lense between fingers
areyoulovingkiddingme

>ya shore bbyz
/give glasses
/removes glasses
areyoulovingkiddingme
EVERY loving TIME

>ya shore bbyz
/give glasses
/removes glasses
areyoulovingkiddingme
thank god
i thought i was the only one

OT: yeah that happens to people who need glasses
my borther saw 'em before he got glasses

The fact that 15/20 would imply the chart or device used to measure his eyesight would be calibrated to 15 feet, when all clinical optical sights are calibrated to a standard of 20 feet.
Or he stood 15 feet from the chart instead of 20. Or it is a ratio of 3/4, so it is equivalent to 20/~27.

Or he stood 15 feet from the chart instead of 20. Or it is a ratio of 3/4, so it is equivalent to 20/~27.
What I said in my previous post clearly went over your head.

i see them too, i've only seen them at night and through glass or when i squint.

i see them too, i've only seen them at night and through glass or when i squint.
Same

I seen these lines before I got my pair of glasses.
You're not alone.

What I said in my previous post clearly went over your head.
Perhaps you did not understand what I said. You get the rating 20/20 when you can see at 20 feet what others can see at 20 feet. 20/40 when you see at 20 what most can see at 40. If you were to stand 3/4 of the correct distance from the chart and see what normal people see at 20 feet, your vision would be 15/20. Sure, it isn't standard or anything, but it exists.

whenever I look into lights for a period of time, i start seeing these Floating things

Don't quote me but I'm fairly sure it has to do with the density or dimensional variations in your eyes (which is also the reason you need glasses)
That could cause the light to be distorted in a predictable pattern even with correctional lenses, unless of course you got lenses to specifically correct this problem.

Again I'm not positive but that's what it sounds like.
This sounds correct.

Perhaps you did not understand what I said. You get the rating 20/20 when you can see at 20 feet what others can see at 20 feet. 20/40 when you see at 20 what most can see at 40. If you were to stand 3/4 of the correct distance from the chart and see what normal people see at 20 feet, your vision would be 15/20. Sure, it isn't standard or anything, but it exists.
Hence the chart or device is calibrated to a standard of 20 feet, 10 feet in rare cases. Sure, it exists mathematically as a ratio, but it is not used in practice. You don't stand 3/4 the correct distance from the chart unless you and the eye doctor are autistic.
I hate human stubbornness, why are you even arguing this?

I assume originally he meant 20/15, because he claimed his eyesight was very good.

I see these, but only when I don't have my glasses on.

Speaking of which a mean girl broke my glasses today and I can't afford another pair :(