Author Topic: 2012/09/05 - Blockland r1728  (Read 45408 times)

Minimum works for me. (I use Intel.)
^this, even though it's pretty laggy. i know it's on my end though. i'll just keep playing with no shaders.

I still can't run shadows, yet it gives me the option to run on options other than minimum.

Also for the record my GPU/Graphics Card is an ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5730 Graphics 1 GB.
i think it's high end, right?

also my CPU/processor is Intel Core i7.

console.log below
Start a game with shaders on low or medium and repost the console.log

Also for the record my GPU/Graphics Card is an ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5730 Graphics 1 GB.
i think it's high end, right?

that is nowhere near a high end card.

Badspot

• Administrator
I set the shader quality via console and it still doesn't work. Seriously, badspot needs to fix intel's shaders.

You have an intel GMA 950 which under apple drivers only supports open GL 1.4.  GLSL is only supported as a core feature of openGL 2.0 and above.  So to even get started I would have to convert everything to use the ARB extensions.  I actually did this on my mac mini and got the shader to compile but random things in the shader just would not work.  I couldn't have an if statement or get individual components of a vector.  I tried a bunch of alternate methods but it was just totally broken.  

Then I realized that the intel GMA 950 is so goddamn slow that it barely runs the game in fixed function mode so there is completely no point at all in trying to get shaders to work on it.  It's just not going to happen.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:17:54 PM by Badspot »

You have an intel GMA 950 which under apple drivers only supports open GL 1.4.  GLSL is only supported as a core feature of openGL 2.0 and above.  So to even get started I would have to convert everything to use the ARB extensions.  I actually did this on my mac mini and got the shader to compile but random things in the shader just would not work.  I couldn't have an if statement or get individual components of a vector.  I tried a bunch of alternate methods but it was just totally broken. 

Then I realized that the intel GMA 950 is so goddamn slow that it barely runs the game in fixed function mode so there is completely no point at all in trying to get shaders to work on it.  It's just not going to happen. 
I have a mac mini with the Intel GMA 950. I'm suffering.

Upgrade.
I know. My loving optical drive is shot as well on it.

I still have the stuffty Intel Core Duo, not the Duo 2. I'm stuck on Snow Leopard.

I don't need to upgrade my graphics card. I can run GLSL/Unbelieveable shaders on Minecraft with no lag.
If so, why are they still messing up on my computer?

I had no idea there were so many people playing this game on such outdated hardware.

I don't need to upgrade my graphics card. I can run GLSL/Unbelieveable shaders on Minecraft with no lag.
Because Minecraft uses Java, which is universal, while Blockland does not. Blame your stuffty OS X.

I had no idea there were so many people playing this game on such outdated hardware.

Give me $1000 so that doesn't need to happen.

I doubt this really should matter in any case; but could throw beginners off when looking through the poster brick code

category = "Special";   //no ui names because we don't want people to plant this directly, it's only used for effect

How is it messing up?

Also OpenGL or shaders working aren't really going to be related to Java.  LWJGL load up the same OpenGL library in the end.

Give me $1000 so that doesn't need to happen.
$500 got me max settings working perfect on BL.

Hi, Badspot.
So, I updated my drivers as you said. Now it says GLSL 1.20.
I've tried it again, but it failed again.

Here's my console log: