Author Topic: How can I make my server less boring, yet still have players?  (Read 1536 times)

I regularly host a family RP(shut up it's the only way to get players), and I always end up getting really bored after a few hours. Then I say "guys can I shut down please" and everyone whines and screams "NOOOOOOO" even though they've been playing for hours.

/title.
Whenever I try RPing, nothing happens because I really hate people living with me, not really sure why but I just do. So everyone ignores me because I'm not adopting everyone. Then I go off and try building occasionally, which doesn't take very long, or I don't know what to build. I try just chatting with people on the server, but no one shares my interests. That or they completely ignore me.
If all you're going to do is hate on me for hosting family RPs, don't post.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:41:37 PM by shyGriff »

Er...
I don't know what to say.

Host a dedicated server and just leave if you get bored. That way you won't feel obligated to stay.

-host family rp until server is full

-change server to something more original and fun

host what you want to do

not what people want you to do

that's the only way to have fun

then everyone yells "WTF" and "NOOOO" and then leaves

munkey, i can't have fun if i'm the only one in the server.

this.

this.

try mini empires or a TDM that works....most of them went down flaming with their graphics cards and processors.

if you are hosting something you are having fun playing, others will have fun to and they will join

if you are hosting something you are having fun playing, others will have fun to and they will join
that's the thing: they don't.
they join if i'm hosting a family RP, but not if i'm hosting anything else.

i don't have a TDM build right on hand, but i guess i could try making one.

Hmm, host something you AND the people on the server can argee with that IYO (In your opinion) is fun.

if that don't work then -
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:49:11 PM by Grassy »