Author Topic: Why do people want admin so much?  (Read 2189 times)

I never understand why people WANT to be an admin.

I was an admin in plenty of servers, all it does is cause less fun for the person, because you have to deal with a bunch of annoying trolls.

I just want to play the game. :C

most people who want admin very badly only want it so they can ban whoever they dislike.

For some reason people think "admin makes me better than everyone else" or something like that. When in reality admins have one of the worst positions in the server if the host is a good host. They have to deal with all the garbage of other players and have to take time out of their playtime to deal with everything. And now they have even more responsibility trusted to them with the fact that they can edit the environment which CAN make people leave if they mess with it too much. I literally cleared my admin list when v21 came out because I don't feel like having someone I may not trust having so much power. I just give out moderator/admin to people I know wont screw up my server.

My brother gets all upset if I don't give him super admin for some reason, luckily he doesn't really mess with any of the settings.

Badspot

• Administrator
It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire power.

It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire power.

i almost died
oh god
hahaha

what

I think some of it has to do with the admin's F8/F7 teleport ability.

every host has had the scenario:

Guyface connected
Guyface: Hey, hosty!
Hosty: Welcome, how ya doin?
Guyface: pretty good.
Guyface: Hey hosty?
Hosty: Yeah dude?
Guyface: Can I have admin? I promise I wont abuse. I'm Admin on all my friend's servers and im really good admin. Plllz Give me admin, I will love you to death if you do, It'd make me so happy if you could just give me admin just for a minute? pretty please?
Guyface has been banned for 999999 minutes. Reason:" No."

Guyface connected
Guyface: Can I have admin? I promise I wont abuse. I'm Admin on all my friend's servers and im really good admin. Plllz Give me admin, I will love you to death if you do, It'd make me so happy if you could just give me admin just for a minute? pretty please?

Why would you ban him for asking for admin? :u

orite i forgot.

Guyface connected
What's even worse is when they try to guilttrip you for it.
This takes me back to a moment:
Random git:Can I have admin?
Friend:I only admin people I trust.
Random git: So you don't trust me?
Friend:Oh, you're one of those people. :/
I forgot what happened after that. I think he left.

What's even worse is when they try to guilttrip you for it.
This takes me back to a moment:
Random git:Can I have admin?
Friend:I only admin people I trust.
Random git: So you don't trust me?
Friend:Oh, you're one of those people. :/
I forgot what happened after that. I think he left.
how is that guilttripping
of COURSE i don't trust them if i've only known them for what, 5 minutes? 5 seconds, even?

Most people just ask for admin just because they are power hungry and want to have fun abusing. A true admin knows that admin is actually a less fun thing from a normal user, because like the OP said, you have to put up with annoying trolls and noobs. Also, admin is a stressful job when you actually think about it, because each server has its fair share of idiots that you have to put up with.

whAT