Author Topic: Medieval Outpost [Save]  (Read 3834 times)

is that demian's sky

it's beautiful

..like the save

Hey, how many bricks are those trees anyway?

Check it yourself.

Do you mind if I edit this a little bit and use it in my build?

Sure thing, that's what saves are for. Thank you for asking though! :) give creds

is that demian's sky

aw ye

Sure thing, that's what saves are for. Thank you for asking though! :) give creds
No problem dude, I'll be sure to give you credit. Just may tweak it a little bit.

The trees are the best asset.

The trees are the best asset.

I really feel like I could had made them better though. Just threw something together.

As far as building the terrain, what was the process like?

Build many small bricks in an area and hammer the terrain in?

Place everything bit by bit till it looks ideal?

Or did you draw/plan it pre-build?

I'd love to know seeing as my system so far is basically build it all brick by brick or spam the plate with say 2x2s, hammer in the shape, and then replace the bricks with larger ones.

As far as building the terrain, what was the process like?

Build many small bricks in an area and hammer the terrain in?

Place everything bit by bit till it looks ideal?

Or did you draw/plan it pre-build?

I'd love to know seeing as my system so far is basically build it all brick by brick or spam the plate with say 2x2s, hammer in the shape, and then replace the bricks with larger ones.
you should start with large bricks that outline the terrain you want to do then fill in the gaps and details

much easier than rebuilding terrain after hammering it out

however you'll need some skill at picturing it mentally and being able to see what happens after you build the next layer of detail before you do so.

First of all I had to think what buildings I had in my arsenal, I then placed the middle one down and worked from there. I decided I wanted the tower on the edge of a sort of cliff and the other build on a hill. Made the whole grass layout with 8x16, 8x8 and 8x4 and worked my way to the top. Of course I also made the cliffs on my way. I decided I wanted to keep it simple and only added 2x and 4x width bricks as details after the whole basic layer was done.