Author Topic: GoDaddy.com DDOS'd, Domains/VPNs/Dedicated Servers Down  (Read 981 times)

Today GoDaddy.com has announced that it is being DDOS'd by an unknown source, although apparent "Anonymous" owner @AnonymousOwn3r has claimed that he did it, and Anonymous has tweeted:

Quote from: TheRegister
A lone hacker has claimed responsibility for an ongoing denial-of-service attack that may have knocked out as many as millions of websites hosted by popular domain registrar GoDaddy.

The attack began at around 10am Pacific time and appears to affect the registrar's DNS servers. Any site that is hosted with GoDaddy could be affected, although as of 1pm Pacific the company reported that at least some service had been restored.

Claiming responsibility for the outage is a hacker who goes by the Twitter handle AnonymousOwn3r [1]. Although that account's Twitter bio describes the hacker as "Security leader of #Anonymous" and "Anonymous Official member," a number of Twitter feeds affiliated with the hacker collective say that Anonymous was not involved, and AnonymousOwn3r himself has called for sole credit.

So far, no reason for the attack has been given, although speculation abounds. GoDaddy has earned its share of detractors for various reasons, ranging from its early support [2] for the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the US, to GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons posting a video of himself shooting an elephant [3] while on a Zimbabwe safari vacation.

According to AnonymousOwn3r, however, he "is not anti-GoDaddy" and the attack was not motivated by any of these reasons, but instead simply to point out flaws in the registrar's security:

More on this story here.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:25:08 PM by Darkness ZXW »

And yet they will still make a commercial about this.

And yet they will still make a commercial about this.
hopefully they'll release the next part of their commercial in which the judge rapes the scarcely clothed woman

How the internet works

1.Congress tries to make a bill
2. Anon hacks to show disapproval of bill
3.Congress tries to make a NEW bill.
4. Anon hacks again to show disapproval

Repeat infinitely.

hopefully they'll release the next part of their commercial in which the judge rapes the scarcely clothed woman
osht i forgot about that

how will u fap tonight?

i dont masturbate you sicko i simply would enjoy a new approach to the arts of video editing for a commercial!!!!

Yeah, so the domains are officially down. Oddly enough, my domain is up. Speak of the devil.

i dont masturbate you sicko i simply would enjoy a new approach to the arts of video editing for a commercial!!!!
u noob i know what u do at ngiht specificley 12:34 am

Uh, what is go daddy, some domain hosting site?

Ever since they supported SOPA I stopped purchasing from them. And the stuff with the CEO shooting an elephant is terrible.

GoDaddy should GoDie.

aren't they like overpriced with horsestuffty service and support

aren't they like overpriced with horsestuffty service and support
Like 10$

Blockland.us is registered with GoDaddy c:

Oh, so that's why this one website has been down all day.