Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 339147 times)

Code: [Select]
Saxophone - Just Now
@the japanese dude: Your statement is so asinine it makes me want to hurl.
Ah, comebacks.
but that's you

I just want this stuff to be done with and Blockland to be Greenlit, then we won't have to worry about anything and listen to the trolls.

what textures are they talking about lol
the only 2 textures the player has? face and chest.
I'll admit that blockland could use some improved player customization, but it's really not even remotely as bad as he's making it sound.

They're getting angrier.
I replied
Quote from: Jasa
It's not like you have to build detailed, just build at your own pace.
Hell, you don't even have to build at all. There are plenty of servers that are loads of fun and you don't build at all in.

You're complimenting a comment YOU made.
I didn't mean to, I was just saying Ah, comebacks as a joke.

Honestly, whats that dudes problem.

Hey dont yell back at him either.

We need to impress.

剤大君主 アイロー  20 minutes ago 
 @ThePeopleReplyingToMe

There's no changing my mind. This game is going to flop.

There's a reason Minecraft is on top -- Notch worked on his game harder.

Whoops...

Chrono  Just now 
 Notch worked harder? Are you kidding me? MC is much more resource hungry, limited in modding, packed full of bugs, and the only updates that come out just add more useless features that people already made. The dragon is the most pathetic boss I've ever seen in a game. The exp for enchanting, which makes it feel more like currency. The combat is like duck hunt. The players are just 6 cuboids. Whenever I say MC is boring, people tell me to install mods. Notch can't even make his own game entertaining. People need to make it entertaining for him. Also, more and better mods exist for Blockland, because there's a built-in support for modding the game, the add-ons system, which MC has lacked for too long. You need to use Bukkit/Spout just to get on-hit effects and slash commands. You can't have any real custom blocks or mobs without clients figuring it out. In BL, with just the game you can experience nearly any mod on any server that has them. Content is DLed while you load the server.

Whoops...

Haha, Minecraft has a sub-standard modding system, still not as bad as TF2's.

Haha, Minecraft has a sub-standard modding system, still not as bad as TF2's.
Was TF2 even meant to be modded?

Was TF2 even meant to be modded?
There's a crappy script system that you really do stuff with, and yes it's pretty clear mods are an important part of the game, at least for servers. You need loving DLLs or SOs (Linux) to make mods for the game. Worthless.

There's a crappy script system that you really do stuff with, and yes it's pretty clear mods are an important part of the game, at least for servers. You need loving DLLs or SOs (Linux) to make mods for the game. Worthless.
By the "script system" are you referring to configuration files? I think those were only meant for automation. Most of the server mods are just to make dedicated server administration easier, and many features used in these mods have been added to the vanilla game (map voting, team scrambling, etc). I don't think modding was really supposed to be a big part of TF2, so the developers never really bothered with an easier modding system.