2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight

Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 339069 times)

Nice ideas, except it needs an extra step to get optimum votes:

you win everything

Implying Everyone on Blockland has a steam account.

Implying Everyone on Blockland has a steam account.
All the ones that don't will be banned and therefore everyone on blockland will have a steam account
forget yea charles darwin

If they don't, then the text changes to "Get Steam account, Vote and Play Game"

If they don't, then the text changes to "Get Steam account, Vote and Play Game"
You need to buy a game to be able to vote.

You need to buy a game to be able to vote.
"Get steam account, buy a game, vote Blockland, and play"

"Get steam account, buy a game, vote Blockland, and play"
Sounds more like a way to give Valve more cash instead of Badspot.

For every steam account and game bought Valve would get more cash, and then what if they never heard of steam and
then they find other games on there and their turned away from Blockland and they completely forget about voting.

And Remember its not just us who are voting its people who are already on steam and barely hear about the game.

I think having a small vote button near the credits button is a good idea.

For every steam account and game bought Valve would get more cash, and then what if they never heard of steam and
then they find other games on there and their turned away from Blockland and they completely forget about voting.

And Remember its not just us who are voting its people who are already on steam and barely hear about the game.
omg it was just a joke

Did you really think he was being serious?
Because he wasn't.

You have to buy a game?

Oh I bought 2 that's right

I know I'm ridiculously late, but this is really a great idea. We've already gotten lots of positive feedback between the usual bashings from Minetards. However, there's still not enough information on the page; for example, the building system really needs a more thorough explanation. The mentioned release date is misleading, too; while v0002 was the first release, it's completely different from Retail. This should really be mentioned to avoid confusion.

Regarding votes from existing player, not everyone views these forums, and therefore having a button in the main menu would be a good idea, preferrably in the top right corner. I'm actually going to make one right now.

...Though this might be a little more effective :cookieMonster:

how 2 blockland font
blockland font is just impact with a white border and shine