Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 342511 times)

Badspot, if the keys don't work for some reason maybe you could convert the keys into redeemable codes for games on steam? Dunno if that would work or not though.

Would he still hold the ability to revoke keys?

If Blockland becomes a huge success, I imagine the Server list. Pure Chaos

Do we get an award for purchasing blockland before it get on steam?
shiny green BL_IDs would be very cool

also needs to separate servers in topic, not that chaos.

like: Server Types -Rp
                             -DM
                             -Freebuild
                                                something like it.
*imagines* 500 servers, 1336 players
*searches for a cool server*
oh damn.

What if all the downvoters were just buttmad people who were permabanned long ago

What if all the downvoters were just buttmad people who were permabanned long ago
GASP

It's all about presentation, Badspot, to get people interested and thus I think you should rearrange the preview section a bit. If that is possible somehow.

I know what kind of emotions Bl can bring and I don't think you've played it out fully. I don't get that "omg feeling" (that I can encounter in this game) when I watch the teasers.

You could remove the last two pics which are quite unappealing or maybe put Eksi's Trailer as first video to play. (I do not know if the order of the videos and pics are different for other people)

I feel like this pic is much more suiting, for example:

More info is also needed.

I wish you could apprehend my thoughts about this.

What? Why would we be considered special amongst other players?

If Blockland becomes a huge success, I imagine the Server list. Pure Chaos

Thats the most handicapped idea I have ever seen. If you want to look famous on blockland or stuff work for the fame. No one is getting something special just because they played the game longer.

The only benefit I could see of having different colored IDs is to differentiate between Steam Players and people playing on just the normal blockland launcher.

Question
1. Will Badspot be able to revoke keys or ban people from hosting or such like before?

Thats the most handicapped idea I have ever seen. If you want to look famous on blockland or stuff work for the fame. No one is getting something special just because they played the game longer.
I remember in TF2 they made all the weapons "vintage" for people who purchased the game before it became free or some stuff like that. I personally don't like the idea of Green BL_IDs but I wouldn't mind something else.

It's all about presentation, Badspot, to get people interested and thus I think you should rearrange the preview section a bit. If that is possible somehow.

I know what kind of emotions Bl can bring and I don't think you've played it out fully. I don't get that "omg feeling" (that I can encounter in this game) when I watch the teasers.

You could remove the last two pics which are quite unappealing or maybe put Eksi's Trailer as first video to play. (I do not know if the order of the videos and pics are different for other people)

I feel like this pic is much more suiting, for example:

More info is also needed.

I wish you could apprehend my thoughts about this.

I fully agree. Badspot, work on your presentation and truly show how amazing a sandbox game blockland is. I actually can't think of things I can't make on blockland, any type of game.. It's all there. Make people realise that. Because blockland is a one of a kind game in that way.

Will Badspot be able to revoke keys or ban people from hosting or such like before?
Of course he can, he's the game creator, he can do whatever he wants.

The only benefit I could see of having different colored IDs is to differentiate between Steam Players and people playing on just the normal blockland launcher.
I don't see why you would need to differentiate between the two.

All you're doing is adding another level of difference for people to be prejudice about.

It's bad enough with people picking on High BL_ID's. Atleast after the next 10k milestone is reached, no one really cares much about it. If you give old players Green names, and let new Steam users have Blue names, then no matter how much time passes, people will be pointlessly and stupidly prejudice against Steam users for being "new".

If someone purchases the game through Steam or through Blockland.us, then either way, he's paid the full amount to Badspot and has earnt the game. Makes no difference where he purchased the game from, so long as he had legitimetely purchased it.

If we end up with tons of servers baddy should make the server browser like gmod 13's
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3590255/Tests/GMOD/html/menu.html#/servers/