Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 346672 times)

Well meh.
Thanks for making me feel like a prick, lol.
'Suppose I had it coming, so I'm not complaining.

I need to watch my attitude more.

I need to watch my attitude more.
This needs to apply for over half of the community.
Because most don't think before they post. Or they post out of anger/hatred. :s

I have quit a rep for that.
I've really been trying to control myself, especially after taking up a leadership role over at comblock.
I've been relatively successful so far, minus this, lol.

This needs to apply for over half of the community.
I hope you're not trying to spread the blame around, you did this as well

Badspot needs to add a big MADE BEFORE MINECRAFT AND ROBLOX sign.

Kelblock-
He should also add there was a mining game mode on Blockland before minecraft!!!

He's right about him being rig-

No.

This post is getting overused as well.

It'd be cool if Blockland got big enough and became a part of a Humble Indie Bundle :3
That wouldn't happen since Blockland uses DRM.

That wouldn't happen since Blockland uses DRM.
Does Blockland's method really count as DRM?
It uses an authentication key, yeah, but it doesn't limit your use of it.

It prevents piracy, in that you can't use the game without purchase (which HumbleIndieBundle users would do), and it stops multiple people using the same code at the same time.

You can still use it on multiple machines and without being online. And you can use it around a friends house and let a friend play on it, although you shouldn't give away your code.

I don't really know what's counted in the broad scope of DRM, nor the rules that Humble Indie Bundle uses, but I don't think Blockland would quite count as something that's not in the spirit of other HIB games.

Does Blockland's method really count as DRM?
It uses an authentication key, yeah, but it doesn't limit your use of it.

It prevents piracy, in that you can't use the game without purchase (which HumbleIndieBundle users would do), and it stops multiple people using the same code at the same time.

You can still use it on multiple machines and without being online. And you can use it around a friends house and let a friend play on it, although you shouldn't give away your code.

I don't really know what's counted in the broad scope of DRM, nor the rules that Humble Indie Bundle uses, but I don't think Blockland would quite count as something that's not in the spirit of other HIB games.
Yes, it's DRM. A HIB game should always have at least the whole single-player game working out of the box, with no serial codes etc. OTOH, they seem to be fine with DRM for multiplayer (if single-player still works fine without it, citing frozen synapse as an example). Basically, to get into the bundle, he would probably mostly have to remove the default-content-only-when-in-demo restriction.

It would have been hilarious if Blockland was added to greenlight on 9/11 and the first video would be "Blockland: building smashing".

It would have been hilarious if Blockland was added to greenlight on 9/11 and the first video would be "Blockland: building smashing".

that's terrible, even though the extended history of 9/11 is a complete overreaction by the citizens of the united states.

at least everyone will forget about it in about 50 years.

at least everyone will forget about it in about 50 years.
When JFK was assassinated that was 50 years ago and people still remember it.

When JFK was assassinated that was 50 years ago and people still remember it.
However, they don't flip stuff when you mention that he got assassinated.

HEY BADSPOT DONT BE A JERK ANSWER MY PM