2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight

Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 339047 times)

agh, whats that song with abba dressed like martial arts people singing about money...

oh yeah, money money money..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0
 offical thread song

blockland greenlight comment box greatest hits:

"If this gets on steam they are very,VERY,sad..." - Mister Grimm

"its intertaining just kids + no VoIP + most servers having so many mods it makes your blockland file get 3x bigger makes the game a bit annoying to play and borring to play singleplayer :|" - Kinzuko

"Don't loving up-vote this peice of stuff. Its been around for years and its doing fine on its own. It has no place here as you can go replace it with roblox or something more fun. Its not even well made." - mofunnyman

"The game itself is good, but the community kinda hit rock-bottom after a massive Blockland key sale a few years ago." - (BL) (TWMoWA) Calebc789c (SD)

"Oh and by the way I just relized you ripped off a garys mod map 'o'. At least make it SEEM like you care!" -guyonachair

"roblox v2" -'SH' Mr.Murder
here is another!

"this is the stufftiest game ive ever seen on greenlight. steam really needs to moderate what games can be put on this" -Butt Pirate Bob

Badspot should make "No wifin da club, gimme $20, gimme $20 gimme $20" play as a loop at the main menu.

don't even copypaste the negative comments here. we need to put on a decent image and provoking people into yelling in the comments section isn't helping the purpose.

Blockland needs default main menu music now pls

Only changes I think need to happen involve RTB:
Different default overlay bind (been mentioned several times)
More add-on reviewers when the newcomers start making add-ons (though earlier would be nice)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:54:03 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

-snip-
The only way i can see RTB going dead is if steam had a mod support system that didn't involve opening content files and sifting through a bunch of folders with weird names to find the particular one that contains the addons folder.

The only way i can see RTB going dead is if steam had a mod support system that didn't involve opening content files and sifting through a bunch of folders with weird names to find the particular one that contains the addons folder.
You don't even need to do that except for to install rtb initially. I guess that would drive away idiots, but I don't think too many people would prefer a steam workshop thing unless it was super improved or something. Rtb is much better than steam workshop, much like nexus mod manager is better and unlike the nexus, rtb is only slightly more complicated.

You don't even need to do that except for to install rtb initially. I guess that would drive away idiots, but I don't think too many people would prefer a steam workshop thing unless it was super improved or something. Rtb is much better than steam workshop, much like nexus mod manager is better and unlike the nexus, rtb is only slightly more complicated.
I think he was referring to how horrid it is to install addons for games like Garrys Mod

wow, this thread like, really lost it's activity haha

Rtb is much better than steam workshop, much like nexus mod manager is better and unlike the nexus, rtb is only slightly more complicated.
Steam Workshop actually works well for Garry's Mod, you can enable/disable mods, you can install tools, ragdolls, entities, maps, props, weapons and vehicles, they are ready to be used immediately, certainly a lot quicker than downloading from a site like garrysmod.org, extracting the archive file and putting folders/files in the correct area(s) of the garrysmod/garrysmod directory

Garry's Mod's Toybox and Garry's Mod Beta's workshop are like RTB except you can't see more than one picture of the mod, you can still rate, comment, enable/disable, and delete