Author Topic: ACM's House Build: Retail edition(With Trader's doors)  (Read 2666 times)

Yes... I know... It's a house build, and we all know how unoriginal house builds are. I kind of hate myself for making this too. But I made this in Trader's server, and I thought that some of you would liked to have seen a build that uses his doors(Even though there aren't that many doors being used in this.).

When I heard Trader announce that he was going to open up his doors testing server, I couldn't help but want to show up, having never actually tried out the doors before myself. But since he also mentioned wanting to see some building talent, I thought that if I was going to go, I'ld might as well make myself usefull and build something worth showing. However, because the server opened up at midnight where I am, I had to pick something that I could make easily. If you were around during the Return to Blockland days, then you might be familiar with this build. Depending on whever you've seen it in the gallery or not. This is basically the retail version of it. There are a few notable differences though. First off is the lack of editor wand artifacts, obviously. Another is that each room now has it's own paint job. Also there are fewer interior props, although that's due to time constraints.

Now what's mine here is the house, and only the roads surrounding it. Everything else in the server was of other's work, and the rest of the roads were made/duplicated by the admins.

Overview front. I forgot to had the black strips that were on the sides of the roof.

Overview back.

The front of the house.

My first use of a door was for the front door.

The main hallway. Originally I would've wanted to have wooden doors placed in the frames . But I wasn't sure if it would be too many doors, and whever it would slow down the server or not. Plus, I didn't want to go through the trouble of having an admin place each one. Now that I think of it though, I probably should've asked, just to see the potential in the use of doors.

Living room.

Kitchen.

Upstairs hallway.

Bathroom.

Bedroom. Which the only thing I've included in this room was the bed and nothing else.

A view of the backyard. Where you can see more use of Trader's doors.

A closer view of the gate, which uses two screen doors. It's a bit simplistic though in my opinion. I'm sure that some of the better builders out there would probably have made a better gate than me.

One more door was used for the shed. Now that I think of it, a barn door would probably have been better for it.

Please leave a comment or a rating, or at least something! I had to give up my diurnal sleeping hours to make this!

I like it quite a bit. I wish I could build like you.

Doors are out HOLY CRAP loving stuff HOLE FULL OF stuff!!!

FUUUUUUCCCkool kids klub!!!

TO THE DOOR THREAD!

Also fantastic build there  :cookieMonster:

Bloody hell... They're not out yet!

Please read. This was built in Trader's test server. I couldn't even place the doors there myself, and had to get either Trader or Kaje do it.

I see that my build has been cleared..  :panda:
Nice house though.

Yeah. Well depending on when you made it, it might've got lost when Trader accidentally cleared all bricks and had to load a past save, losing some progress.

Yes... I know... It's a house build, and we all know how unoriginal house builds are

Beats another fu.cking church any day!

Nice house though. I'm intruiged on how you made the gutter down the side of the house...I thought those bricks collided when you place em like that?

Only thing that doesnt fit in is the blue door on the front of the house...doesnt match rest of exterior.

I saw it in person. It's awesome! The addition of doors makes it SSSCCCHHHWWWWEEEEEETTTT!!!