2 (5.4%)
DEM STU
6 (16.2%)
GOTTA LOVE DEM STU
19 (51.4%)
Mmmm
10 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Threat Enclosure - Within a Quarantine  (Read 47106 times)

Sure. You could call me a Doomsayer and just reject everything I'm about to say and I totally won't care. But you know me, I'm still going to say it anyways.

So before we delve into anything, I'd like to note that if not all, almost all, of the admins never played the Bluzone previous to the most recent one, or were around for the start of the most recent one. That being said, there is no other way to put this: This is going to turn out to be a horrible role play if it makes it past the design stages.

I say this because most of the Administrators don't actually know how to role play in the way that made Zombies in the Bluzone an amazing experience. All of the newer players who get into this will go by your examples, if any, and you're going off of the last dying breaths of the Bluzone - which were disgusting.

What I mean by they "don't know how to role play" is that, to put it bluntly, they are drama queens. I dislike pointing names but, people like Joffrey, Kqgqn, Snick0rz and perhaps more all seem to enjoy event-based and dramatic role play which is a waste of time and desensitizes your players. Taking a small trip back to when the most recent Bluzone was just starting out, people paid attention to detail and realistic things mattered. If someone pulls a gun and perhaps shoots in the 4A Building everyone flipped stuff and told him or her to put it away, threatening to attempt to stop them if they didn't.

Fights were a big deal and people would talk about them for in-game months. "So and so shot at So and so!" This made the role play feel consistent and interesting.

Things like this slowly degraded into "oh that guy is being ripped apart by a horrible monster. i better shoot at it and just not care." It's stuff like this that the people running Zeds in the DeadZone are going off of, and it's bad role play.

When players aren't being realistic when reacting any sort of dangerous or interesting situation, they're whining about how boring the role play is at the current time. Why is this? Because they're used to Apaches swooping overhead and shooting or Mutalids roaming about and scaring people or whatever the forget.

This isn't an action movie. It's a role play.

I'm not saying I'm going to completely discourage things like Apaches and Mutalids, but they must be employed almost rarely, close to never and in passive and open ended ways for the players to interact with them so they can feel engaged with whatever unique is happening.

If you don't use things like that when adding something temporary and new, then players start whining and craving events.

"This is so boring! Let me be a mutalid!"

or they'll make a new character like,

"This is Bob. He's a half mutalid"

Just to get attention. It's absolutely frustrating and stupid to look at. At this point, I haven't even gotten in to how self destructive you're already being. You're hiring people with some of the most vanilla and nondescript applications being sent in and entrusting them to help you make a high quality role play. At the same time you're ranting about how the Bluzone died out because it lost quality and became too big to handle.

Well what the forget do you think you're doing right now?

First off, I joined very early compared to the rest of the other admins, and I'll get the dates if need be. Plus, Ike was there before me, so that being said, and IF having players "around for the start of the most recent one" is a requirement for a good role-play, I would say we are good to go.

I'd say cut down on the drama a little bit, and our Role-playing skills are plenty fine. we are always learning, so if you would like, teach us, don't harp on us. We are not going off the last breaths of Bluzone, we are creating a new role-play using what Bluzone taught us, and some of the mods/props/player-types off Bluzone. This is a Spinoff, not a continuation. All of this, while doing our best to uphold the Bluzone standards with plenty of perma's.

I remember the time when Bluzone was like that, and will do my best to keep this one on that level. Thank you for that little bit of info, it makes me a better Role-player.

Keeping a tight community of Role-player will help, I personally didn't care when someone got ripped up because it either the new never got to me, or I had never met that person, therefore didn't care what happen to them. Like I said, tight community, small build(as in only one section), should improve on this.

To be honest, I agree with you there. Players took chances, attacked mutalids/apaches/zombies, and didn't act realistically. This is why we choose to use a stricter NLR. Zombie killed you? Get a new player. It will make players much more careful, and realistic. Anyone who simply makes tons of new characters will be confronted and if they refuse to listen, banned.

The military will be a very, and I can not stress it enough, rare event. As will Mutalids and the sort. The number of zombies will be increased in a smaller area, making them much more deadly. With the occasional horde, that will increase the zombies greatly, nothing much will happen event wise.

This isn't an action movie. It's a role play.
I understand, and this will be the new motto. Kqgqn add to OP please.

Passive events would be much more interesting, but are sometimes impossible when players are aggressive. But go up a few paragraphs.

Attention hungry RPers will be dealt with. Bluzone style.

As for hiring people...
1 We need a build, no build, we flop. If someone wants to give us a tower, or a building, cool we probably need it. This doesn't really do anything for them. Doesn't not mean that they wont be banned for being attention hungry or a Bad Role Player. It is simply them giving for the benefit of ZDZ. Maybe Kqgqn, Me, Ike, Joff, and Blood should be the only ones building? Few problems. I am fricken useless when building. No imagination, bad designs, I can't build. All I have are ideas. The others yes, they can build pretty well, but it would take quite a long time for them to pull it off on their own. Everyone who is building can do a pretty good job at it. So if someone wants to help, they pop in the server, build some, and boom we got bricks. If someone wants to give us a piece of a build, well then at least it isn't just sitting there anymore. So Kqgqn doesn't like that idea, we won't do it then.

Warning - while you were typing 15 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Poop.

2 We needed Scripts. Now that we have the original server we might not need as many. I dunno we shall see.

I think thats all, will reply to ever other post when I finish dinner and reading them.

Also Kalph and Elec, I hate to say this, but please don't post here anymore, unless you have something optimistic and positive to say. We don't need anyone saying we are going to fail, I've had plenty of that. Stop whacking us over the head, I am putting me helmet on.

Warning - while you were typing 17 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:15:17 PM by Captn »

Look everyone!,

it's popular!

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I would host but I don't have all the brick packs.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:22:10 PM by Badger »

pacnet is a stuffty coder btw
well not stuffty he's good
but he's not a pro yet

he's a good new coder

.... i don't like him :/ but thats a personal thing
w/e this is your project and you need a coder

Will take into consideration
We would like you c:

I'm not random. :c

Also one thing...

I don't know if the whole city things works with me,

But i'll still help anyways.
We appreciate it =)

I have to agree with Kaph. I am also just kinda feeling that I shouldn't build for the server either....

Your still welcome to have the Rum bar. As I am going to start my own little secret project.
EDIT:

Just for Fuzzy Hamster and Hands, I may just stick around for the Development, but don't think i am going to be a big contributor.
I don't want to "Prove you wrong".

You are welcome to laugh at this RP, though I really don't care for it right now.

Got other plans to deal with.

Sad to see you go :(
Pop by for fun sometimes, we still have our silly DMs :P

By "proving us wrong" I meant by making the RP successful.

Challenge accpeted.
Im not good at proving things. Don't look at me :/
Captn might have something to say
Your going to help me, and build the city.... :D

We need to have the build divided up like Bluzone,

for the players with computer that can't support that many bricks.

e.g.

-East
-west
-south/downtown
-north
-subway/sewers

We need to have the build divided up like Bluzone,

for the players with computer that can't support that many bricks.

e.g.

-East
-west
-south/downtown
-north
-subway/sewers

This, as Ike put it, was part of the down fall of Bluzone. Trying to stay away from this as much as possible. We shall see.

What why would you stay away from it?

It's smart.

Once I figure out how to use the remote thing.. And finish playing Black Mesa..
Also Lugnut says he's busy, and can't help. Sad, really :(

Also, I never said there would only be one section.

Once I figure out how to use the remote thing.. And finish playing Black Mesa..
Also Lugnut says he's busy, and can't help. Sad, really :(

Also, I never said there would only be one section.

......... . . . . ..

Did you even hear what Ike said?
It makes sense. Bluzone ded cause to big build. Only one major section would help, with little things like VB to add to it

BRB dinner then more post.

i don't think it was the build that killed the bluzone.

i don't think it was the build that killed the bluzone.
What exactly did?

What exactly did?

Natural progression of servers--well, anything really. Bluzone hit a spike, peaked, and slowly declined.