2 (5.4%)
DEM STU
6 (16.2%)
GOTTA LOVE DEM STU
19 (51.4%)
Mmmm
10 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Threat Enclosure - Within a Quarantine  (Read 47088 times)

Natural progression of servers--well, anything really. Bluzone hit a spike, peaked, and slowly declined.
Um, but what about Pecon's? It is still popular. I don't understand.

hey look everyone ignored my post
I could be contributing of the scripts.

hey look everyone ignored my post
Sorry.

Could you show me some of your work?

Sorry.

wtf, it's ipquarx

he's good

Sorry.

I reccomend him. surely that counts for something?

wtf, it's ipquarx

he's good
awww thanks guys c:

First off, I joined very early compared to the rest of the other admins, and I'll get the dates if need be. Plus, Ike was there before me,
Ike joined right in the middle of things - examples of good role play were becoming so few that this really isn't worth talking about.

IF having players "around for the start of the most recent one" is a requirement for a good role-play, I would say we are good to go.
What. I never said it was a requirement, I used that as an example and a standard for exceptional role play.

Even then, having players at the start of your own role play doesn't guarantee they'll be good at role playing. That being said, a lot of the original Bluzoners aren't even interested in this as far as a I know.

I'd say cut down on the drama a little bit, and our Role-playing skills are plenty fine. we are always learning, so if you would like, teach us, don't harp on us.
I never harped on you I talked about how everything you're doing is a setup for failure because of what you're going off of. Further more, a role play isn't about drama. The fact that you're not willing to let go of it as a factor in the role play is shocking.

We are not going off the last breaths of Bluzone, we are creating a new role-play using what Bluzone taught us, and some of the mods/props/player-types off Bluzone. This is a Spinoff, not a continuation. All of this, while doing our best to uphold the Bluzone standards with plenty of perma's.
I loving hate so much about this right here.

You are going off of the last breaths of the Bluzone. The only reason this exists is because the Bluzone is temporarily out of service. This isn't something you can deny. You're hardly making a new role play when it's just a poor man's attempt at bringing back Zombies in the Bluzone as opposed to coming up with something original. What's even worse is you specifically note permanent bans as a prominent standard, which disgusts me and I'm tempted to point fingers in accusation of power hunger.

I personally didn't care when someone got ripped up because it either the new never got to me, or I had never met that person, therefore didn't care what happen to them.
You're promoting the behavior Kqgqn just said he would avoid. Contrary to what your potentially warped mind may believe, you would care if another human was murdered right in front of you. It would shock you to the bone.

To be honest, I agree with you there. Players took chances, attacked mutalids/apaches/zombies, and didn't act realistically. This is why we choose to use a stricter NLR. Zombie killed you? Get a new player. It will make players much more careful, and realistic. Anyone who simply makes tons of new characters will be confronted and if they refuse to listen, banned.
Another point of horrible design. In a zombie infested city, people are going to die consistently. If they want to continue after their fourth character, they'll get banned. What the actual forget?

Because of this consistency destructive design, role play will have very little depth due to people just dying all the time. Characters will come and go so quickly that you won't get to truly know anybody.

The military will be a very, and I can not stress it enough, rare event.
This is after Kqgqn said the military doesn't exist in New York. Right.

As will Mutalids and the sort. The number of zombies will be increased in a smaller area, making them much more deadly. With the occasional horde, that will increase the zombies greatly, nothing much will happen event wise.
See what I just said about self destructive design directly above this, with the addition that if you don't make any note of player's official death, characters will matter even less than you're making them matter. Not in terms of drama, but in terms of them being an actual person or something of worth.

People will just throw their characters away because of how much they'll die / how little their character matters.

Passive events would be much more interesting, but are sometimes impossible when players are aggressive. But go up a few paragraphs.

Attention hungry RPers will be dealt with. Bluzone style.
Ugh. I don't even know what to say to this.
"No drama should be interesting, but even we can't trust the player base! Bans are in order!"

As for hiring people...
1 We need a build, no build, we flop. If someone wants to give us a tower, or a building, cool we probably need it. This doesn't really do anything for them. Doesn't not mean that they wont be banned for being attention hungry or a Bad Role Player. It is simply them giving for the benefit of ZDZ. Maybe Kqgqn, Me, Ike, Joff, and Blood should be the only ones building? Few problems. I am fricken useless when building. No imagination, bad designs, I can't build. All I have are ideas. The others yes, they can build pretty well, but it would take quite a long time for them to pull it off on their own. Everyone who is building can do a pretty good job at it. So if someone wants to help, they pop in the server, build some, and boom we got bricks. If someone wants to give us a piece of a build, well then at least it isn't just sitting there anymore. So Kqgqn doesn't like that idea, we won't do it then.

2 We needed Scripts. Now that we have the original server we might not need as many. I dunno we shall see.
What's the point of applications if you're just going to let anyone build?

Further more this doesn't excuse you hiring people left and right - it just tells me you need things done. Needing things done and just hiring random people are different entirely.

Also Kalph and Elec, I hate to say this, but please don't post here anymore, unless you have something optimistic and positive to say. We don't need anyone saying we are going to fail, I've had plenty of that. Stop whacking us over the head, I am putting me helmet on.
I'm only whacking you over the head so you don't waste your time.

As douchey as it sounds, you can't really make me leave a thread. :<

Point taken.
Welcome to the team, Ipquarx.

Just a new name for me, dunno.

Point taken.
Welcome to the team, Ipquarx.

Just a new name for me, dunno.
sweet, thanks!

Just PM me when I can do something to help out.

Right. What sort of things are you capable of doing?

What isn't he capable of doing?

What isn't he capable of doing?
weapons and vehicles

thats about it

You mean modeling? Because coding for weapons is pretty easy.

No i mean coding weapons and vehicles, which i am horribly substandard at doing. I can do the bare basics but thats about it when it comes to weps and vehicles.

But yeah I can't do modelling, just scripting.