0 (0%)
No-Jet
55 (21%)
Quake-Like
4 (1.5%)
All of the above
197 (75.2%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Author Topic: Beta Player - No Jet released!  (Read 28476 times)

Thank you for helping. Hopefully someone with playertype experience can add this as a accessory.
unless someone converts, re-textures, and re-animates this entire playertype, that will not happen.

unless someone converts, re-textures, and re-animates this entire playertype, that will not happen.
stuff

At least do no-jet, I need that.

I think all of those are useless except the no-jet

I could use some help with the no-jet playertype.

So this isn't actually the Beta Player - this is a remake? Because the Beta Player files people started out with in retail came from me, through some purposefully broken leak of Beta Retail I had found at the time. Although it seemed half the files were deleted at random, most of the player files were in tact, so I tried to make them functional. But I couldn't figure out some problems, left it for the community, and people gave up.

Point being, the reason the head couldn't be recolored was because, with the original model, only the front surface of the head would be recolored - the rest would remain yellow. It would be weird to color your head otherwise because of that. You guys seem to be modeling bits of it, so ya...

Holy loving stuff. It took people 5 years to finally publicly release them. Halleluiah. I've wanted these since I first saw them. +1 to you.

I just tested the most recent build of Beta Player I was given after passing it onto someone else to try and fix it. Trying to color the head results in the front surface being colored, but the rest staying yellow. This wasn't fixed by an update - this isn't the real model. Just pointing this out.

Edit: I'm confused how the entire head is colored using this model and the exact same command which I just tested shouldn't do that... I'll try yours. I see the Bot Events hook was removed, since Bot Events is gone.

Edit2: The model is the same file size, the code is doing a simple thing which in my tests shouldn't work how it's working. I'm not sure how it is doing this.

On another note, the model does support peg legs and such. I'm not sure why we didn't adjust for that in the code - probably because we never completed testing on it. The model is missing many parts the Retail player has, and actually has a few Retail doesn't.

Edit3: Ah, I didn't have things organized by date. You simply blanked the yellow.png and it stopped doing that. We weren't sure how the model was being treated, so we didn't consider that breaking one of the textures it called would fix it. But I just fixed a bunch of things in the code which I constantly don't understand ended up how they were. I'll test it now.

Edit4: I don't feel like loading this into Shaper, so here is the list of nodes, files, etc. the player has/uses from the model file itself:

detail100 main start Hip Torso RightArm RightHand Mount0 Box01 RHand100 Rarm100 LeftArm LeftHand Mount1 LHand100 Larm100 Head Mount5 Mount6 Cam HeadSkin100 PointyHelmet100 Visor100 Helmet100 bicorn100 scoutHat100 FlareHelmet100 copHat100 knitHat100 triPlume100 plume100 septPlume100 chest100 bucket100 tank100 Mount2 pack100 armor100 quiver100 cape100 RightLeg RFoot Mount3 Rski100 Rshoe100 LeftLeg Mount4 LFoot Lski100 Lshoe100 pants100 Eye HeadSkin copHat knitHat pack Box RHand Rarm LHand Larm PointyHelmet Helmet bicorn scoutHat FlareHelmet triPlume plume septPlume bucket tank armor quiver cape Rshoe Lshoe pants chest Rski Lski Visor face.ifl decal.ifl     brickSIDE yellow face   brickSIDE black megaPhoneRidge decal black50 legoTransOrange2 legoTransOrange1   brickRAMP

No peg legs, slim shoulders, hook hands, special feet. There's special back wear like a bucket, hat accents, hats, etc. What'd be cool is if Badspot could help is get this into the game...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:30:58 PM by MegaScientifical »

A script made the head yellow Navaro removed it and it fixed it. I loaded it in to Shaper before no Pegs or Hooks appeared in the Wire Frame. And Slim shoulder would look the same as fat shoulder?

It wasn't a script causing it to be yellow - the model calls a yellow texture file. We didn't think to simply blank it because as far as we knew that would probably just blank those sides of the head. But it appears blanking it actually makes the whole head color correctly. The code was forcing the head to always be yellow, but again we did that because changing the head color was only effecting the front and the rest was yellow. He set it to use your head color and broke the yellow texture, allowing it to be anything.

There are no slim shoulders in the model. What I listed from the compiled .dts is what you get. Actually, it calls some other textures which were apparently missing, but they might actually be around the v0002 files if you really want to try it. Otherwise, add some blank files to prevent the errors it gives.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:12:41 PM by MegaScientifical »

Thanks for the facts, Mega.