Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 2124 times)

Hey guys i just a new old computer free at a fire sale and i dont know the password is there a way i can change it easily its a windows 7 ultimate and an acer PLEASE HELP

Hey guys i just found a new computer and it is passworded. is there any way to change the password so i can use it? it is a windows 7 ultimate, please help me!
fixed

probably a reason it was free, lol.
ot:
Please try this: Turn on your computer, then right-after the black screen & white text or your computer logo disappears, press & release the key F8 repeatedly until a menu shows up and choose to go to Safe Mode, then login with the Administrator account and go to Start->Control Panel->User accounts.

a new old computer
don't you mean a "used" computer?

what do you want us to do? if they didn't bother to give you the password, then the computer's pretty much useless. nothing we can really do about that...

It's called BIOS ^ ^^
so passwords on computers are useless? well i guess that makes things alot easier here.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/change-your-forgotten-windows-password-with-the-linux-system-rescue-cd/
probably a reason it was free, lol.
ot:
Windows XP only babe
It's called BIOS ^ ^^
wrong, please know what you're talking about
it was at a sale and they didnt give us any info they just had a sign out front that said free
maybe it was a stolen computer and they wanted to get rid of the evidence lol

it was at a sale and they didnt give us any info they just had a sign out front that said free

Because taking computers with new software on the basis that it has a sign that says 'free' is always a great idea.

there is also a password hint that says reichard

Honestly, just format it so you can do your thing and start over,

press the ALT + F10 keys a second after it turns on.

and you didn't bother to wonder why they would possibly just be giving out a free computer? i'm betting there was something seriously wrong with it and they just wanted to get rid of it. but you'd think of course they would actually put a price on something like that.

my dad said it was an abandoned storage unit or something