Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 2123 times)

my dad said it was an abandoned storage unit or something
what was? i don't get it. was the computer just used for storing stuff on it, or did you get it at an abandoned storage unit? if that's true, it wasn't a "fire sale", whatever that is. i assumed you acquired this at a garage sale.

at a fire sale
it was at a sale and they didnt give us any info they just had a sign out front that said free
my dad said it was an abandoned storage unit or something

Is anyone else like, extremely confused?

press the ALT + F10 keys a second after it turns on.
i could have sworn this edits the boot configuration document file
Is anyone else like, extremely confused?
yes

Just try what I said.
I think that should work for ACER machines only.

EDIT : Never mind, he has an acer machine.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:20:48 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

I think that should work for ACER machines only.
Read the OP.
i could have sworn this edits the boot configuration document fileyes
No, I'm sure it's a format screen.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/change-your-forgotten-windows-password-with-the-linux-system-rescue-cd/Windows XP only babewrong, please know what you're talking aboutmaybe it was a stolen computer and they wanted to get rid of the evidence lol
can't you do it here

i dunno i dont have password issues im a genis !! : ~ )

EDIT picture is broke wtf

No, I'm sure it's a format screen.
i must be using some other version of windows because that's what happens when i hit alt-f10

i must be using some other version of windows because that's what happens when i hit alt-f10
Huh, that is strange, but trust me, I'm sure.

Huh, that is strange, but trust me, I'm sure.
unless the recovery partition was formatted (which is unlikely if the person was a complete tool and/or moron)

Truthfully, I'm more concerned with the fact, he has acquired a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate for apparently 'free' from simply picking it up from somewhere.

How, please explain, how that is not at all suspicious?

If I went up to my parents and told them I 'found' a new $250 laptop with Windows 7 underneath a sign that said 'free' they would more than likely either call the police or kill me.

So yeah.

Honestly, just format it so you can do your thing and start over,

press the ALT + F10 keys a second after it turns on.
that did nothing

well i wouldn't exactly jump to the conclusion that he stole it. although perhaps it wasn't actually abandoned. if something as valuable as a windows 7 computer is there, you'd think it would have been stolen a long time ago if the storage unit was "abandoned".

Truthfully, I'm more concerned with the fact, he has acquired a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate for apparently 'free' from simply picking it up from somewhere.

How, please explain, how that is not at all suspicious?

If I went up to my parents and told them I 'found' a new $250 laptop with Windows 7 underneath a sign that said 'free' they would more than likely either call the police or kill me.

So yeah.
my dad got it for free from an abandoned storage unit and told me to test it now i cant get into it but it works ok and its a desktop

that did nothing

Are you sure you're doing it when it says ACER on the screen? If you are, the owner screwed up the computer. It's worthless.
unless the recovery partition was formatted (which is unlikely if the person was a complete tool and/or moron)
HURR! I'M GONNA FOOL SOME KID INTO OBTAINING A COMPUTER FOR FREE WHICH HAS A PASSWORD HE DOESN'T KNOW AND HAS A FORMATTED RECOVERY PARTITION! DURR!

Random tag sale guy logic.