Author Topic: My mom wants to snoop through my stuff on my computer; what do I do?  (Read 6543 times)

you're 12, you're at your parent's mercy

you are responsible for your own actions
I know but its there leniency that also allowed me to make that action.
To strict and you get a pissed off bitter child
To lenient and you get a free-spirited trouble maker.
Just right and you get a good child.

And yes Dark I know it was pretty much all my fault.
My cousin is also part of it so he takes some of the blame as well..
Then our parents take some blame for letting us have enough freedom to do so.

wtf. were you jacking off in a parking lot or something?
The wrong place at the wrong time for to long.
Cop came in
forget

I know but its there leniency that also allowed me to make that action.
To strict and you get a pissed off bitter child
To lenient and you get a free-spirited trouble maker.
Just right and you get a good child.
No, a good child is born through what they're have the ability to experience for themself.  You yourself admit to having to succumb to an action in order to regret it.  Do not fight knowledge as if it's a burden, accept it and move forward with life.  A parent who cradles their child until they're legal is only ensuring that their eyes are shut to reality.  Intelligence doesn't spawn from stupidity.  A good example of this is a religious child.

This
Look at me, I was 15 when I was first caught in the act by an officer because of my lenient parents.
I regret my past actions and now I'm working on making myself better.

OP, tell her no and if she slaps you call 911 and say "OMG CHILD ABUSE"
holy loving stuff now you blame your attempted (and failed) theft on your parents? I thought it was impossible to reach a even greater level of loving handicap but you just keep proving me wrong.

Jesus Christ get shot in the loving face would you?

violent games/movies have mostly always been allowed for me. but lovey love wasn't acceptable for me until like a year ago
now I can mostly play any games and watch any movies and neither of my parents gaf
my stepmom might, bc she has a buncha little kids and they're always watching me play like UT and stuff so it can be assumed they might see something too much if I played saints row or somethin you know

my mom's even said she understands if I look at research
I'm sure the research I look at is a bit different from what she was talking about though...

Strict parents never produce good kids. Neither do extremely loose ones.
loving this
it's much better when they're on the logical/loose side, and they can listen to reason as well as associate with you and your actions, but they still have to have rules, and not let you step all over them

Before getting off your computer google "how to get your mom to stop looking through your history like a bitch."

Unplug the computer.
That throws em off for a good several hours.

If you want to be really safe, take a screenshot of your desktop, then set that screenshot as your desktop background. Remove all the icons and watch as they click on the background wondering whats wrong.

haha oh wow

A few years back, I managed to help my friend convince his mom to let him buy The Orange Box on a console (Being a bundle of games, rating: "T-M").
After watching him play Portal (lol T) and some parts of Half-Life 2 (obviously not any gory parts) she was convinced M-rated games weren't so bad.

You should probably try something like that at one point; buy it for a console if you have one though. Then say "if you don't approve we can take it back".

The only challenge should be finding it. But it's only like 10 bucks at gamestop, maybe less

Whenever my mom tries snooping what am i doing i just tell her to go away and that's it.

you're 12, you're at your parent's mercy
^Why I want a daughter.

Encrypt your files.

Decrypt them after your mom has done her bussiness.

who the hell saves inappropriate stuff on their computer if they have parents that do that kind of stuff

I agree with the idea of making a second account.

In this temporary account, add some files and a background and make it look used. Other than that, tough luck.