Author Topic: onPlant event  (Read 724 times)

This would be useful for automatically setting things up when the save loads. It should use the onLoadPlant function probably.

Yes.
Someone needs to do this

So I'm guessing oncontentcreated only works for jvs bricks?

Couldn't you technically already do this?  There is a semi-glitch in the JVS system where if you save with a JVS switch in the 'on' position, then save, the next time you load the save, that switch will switch to the 'on' position again.  Therefore,  all you need to do is create a switch that does everything, then leave it in the 'on' position.

But ya, onplant would be helpful.

Infact, a whole line of brick-condition events would be helpful, such as Lugnut's 'load save event' that loads the specified save.  I'd like to see 'save build event' that saves the entire build upon input, 'copy events' which copies the specified range of lines of events to the specified brick or the brick in the specified direction, and 'delete brick' which deletes the specified brick or the brick in the specified direction.

M already did this I'm pretty sure

check RTB, or if it's not there send him a pm

'delete brick' which deletes the specified brick or the brick in the specified direction.
I think that was already made, but failed because it bypassed the trust system

I think that was already made, but failed because it bypassed the trust system

Was it failed completely (link gone) or CRC'd?  I want this badly for many systems for my event-based City RPG.  I don't care about trust, I'm using the restricted mod to disable some events from public use/abuse.

Was it failed completely (link gone) or CRC'd?  I want this badly for many systems for my event-based City RPG.  I don't care about trust, I'm using the restricted mod to disable some events from public use/abuse.
It was default (called killbrick) but badspot removed it himself

The only issue is the brick owner could leave and then the events can't run because there's no owner online.

Couldn't you technically already do this?  There is a semi-glitch in the JVS system where if you save with a JVS switch in the 'on' position, then save, the next time you load the save, that switch will switch to the 'on' position again.  Therefore,  all you need to do is create a switch that does everything, then leave it in the 'on' position.

But ya, onplant would be helpful.

Infact, a whole line of brick-condition events would be helpful, such as Lugnut's 'load save event' that loads the specified save.  I'd like to see 'save build event' that saves the entire build upon input, 'copy events' which copies the specified range of lines of events to the specified brick or the brick in the specified direction, and 'delete brick' which deletes the specified brick or the brick in the specified direction.
this doesn't always work. (and it's not a glitch, it's supposed to do that) But when I tried that method out before, the jvs brick loaded before the bricks that it was supposed to affect, so the events activated before any bricks were there for the events to work on.

Code: [Select]
package bleh
{
function fxdtsbrick::onloadplant(%this, %aretheremoreargs)
{
parent::onloadplant(%this, %aretheremoreargs);
%this.onplantevent();
}
};
activatepackage(bleh);
Now just make the event

^not quite what the code would look like

i olnly read OP
how would you put a evet on a brick that isn't there yet?

i olnly read OP
how would you put a evet on a brick that isn't there yet?
it's actually right after it's created