Author Topic: Has 'The Thing' gamemode ever been released?  (Read 2061 times)

i coded it

i still have it

here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9R6mTuB3ns

How nice. Should really be a public add-on or something.

The 1980s "The Thing" (by John Carpenter) was when a research compound in Antarctica comes across a dog that was being attacked by two Norwegian men by helicopter. Both were killed, but the dog survived. They find out that the dog is an alien that can shape-shift and exactly imitate anything it kills. Near the end, they perform a drug test to find out who is human. They come out with 4 humans, but haven't checked another man that was locked in a cabin outside of the camp (for going crazy). They discover he had built a small UFO under the cabin and there is no sign of him. The alien knows it can't escape, so it cuts the power to try and freeze itself again (the alien was discovered by the Norwegians frozen in ice near it's crashed UFO). The remaining men (3) burn the camp to try to raise the temperature and kill the 'thing'. Finally, the 'thing' kills two of the remaining men, but the last survivor (Kurt Russel) blows the 'thing' up.

Then, another survivor who got lost in the storm outside of the camp while following what he thought was something lurking outside returns to the inferno created by the other three survivors. He meets up with Kurt Russel, but neither of them know if the other is the 'thing'. Then it ends as they sit near the fire and just wait.

So they all died. But they prevented the alien from reaching civilization which would have ended REALLY badly.

The 1980s "The Thing" is MUCH better than the recent remake.

Anyways, there needs to be a better 'The Thing' add-on. Players should be able to kill someone and then copy them (they would talk as them in chat, look like them, and have the same name above their head). There should also be a good flamethrower (main weapon used in movie) with some throw-able TNT. It would also be pretty cool if there was some way to have zone bricks that you have to be in in order to stay warm (outside of them, you can freeze in a matter of 1 minute or so (die)).

hydralisk doesn't make many monster models anymore. :(((

It wasn't a remake, it was a prequel.

Agreed.

Are you sure they all died? There is a survivor after the explosion of the base no?

Are you sure they all died? There is a survivor after the explosion of the base no?
MacReady survives the explosion that killed the 'thing' that attacked him and he sits down a safe distance from the fire. Then, Childs, the black guy, returns to where MacReady is sitting after chasing what he thought was someone running just on the outskirts of the camp. They both watch each other closely, not knowing if the other is the 'thing' or not. It ends with Childs asking "What do we do now?" MacReady replies with "Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens..."

Then the movie ends. You have to assume that one of these happens:
>Childs is the 'thing' and it kills MacReady. The 'thing' then freezes in the ice for another research team to discover it.
>They are both human and they sit until they freeze to death.

Either way, all of the men (and dogs) that were at the research camp die. Even if Childs was the 'thing', that means that Childs is dead anyways because the 'thing' had to kill and copy Childs.

Basically, they either ALL died or all the humans died and the 'thing' survives while being frozen in the ice. That's why it's on of my favorite endings to a movie. You just don't know what happens.

This spoils the ending of the movie, so please highlight the above area if you want to/already know what happens.

Anyways, this is probably my favorite scary movie.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:18:35 PM by -Blok- »

bla
My dad showed me the first one in fifth grade. I couldn't sleep for days.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:41:49 PM by Funkadelic »

Dude forget you.
Put that stuff in transparent text.
Jerk. D=

Fixed.