Rest in peace fakekillbrick event - died in v21

Author Topic: Rest in peace fakekillbrick event - died in v21  (Read 1323 times)

What the hell you guys are talking about, fakekillbrick event didn't die at all

It seems like it works for sometimes and at other times does not, maybe the event is not "dead" but it is acting kinda glitchy.

*edit* Fake kill now works normally for me... weird
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:14:05 PM by Nurgle »

Nice silent bugfix badspot :3

If you turn physics on in a build that was made before you enable them it glitches like that.

stop creating misleading threads, setro2

maybe badspot's improving it, maybe, in the future, it can collide with players, do damage, destroy cars, who knows?

maybe it's bad, maybe it's good.
Physics will always be clientsided, along with all other graphical updates since this game went retail.

I've seen brick physics several times after the shadows and shaders update

Did something happen recently?
I discovered this with the new update: I kind of liked it.

Edit: It was probably removed for a short time so it could be fixed up and re-added in a later patch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:00:23 PM by Counter98 »

Badspot needs to make fakekillbrick allow players to stand on a 64x64 cube without it falling through the ground.

Badspot needs to make fakekillbrick allow players to stand on a 64x64 cube without it falling through the ground.
The physics bricks are client sided, you might be standing in mid air for some people or something

Try disabling shadows and shaders and see if that has any effect on it. Perhaps your computers are being affected by those, and the game is turning off physics because it's detecting slowdown.

Yes^ physics stop working prematurely when too much stress is experienced by the computer, and a key identifier of this would be something that eats up performance (COUGH SHADOWS COUGH)

This death is a sham for the purpose of insurance fraud.

Fake kill brick was found fine and alive in a secret area also housing Slopes, Bedroom, and Kitchen.

For me fakekilledbricks fall through larger bricks (64x cubes and such)
but still work on most things

Nice silent bugfix badspot :3
The idiocy in this thread is  inunderstandable. Its just Setro2 being the loving dumbass he is jumping to conclusions without trying to research the problem. If your grampas WW2 bomb shelter pong machine can't run physics it doesn't mean anyone else can't either. Nothing was broken to begin with and you just made yourself look stupid.