Rest in peace fakekillbrick event - died in v21

Author Topic: Rest in peace fakekillbrick event - died in v21  (Read 1337 times)

RIP fakekillbrick event, which died recently. You will be missed.

Wait, really?

Yes. No more physics contraptions. Bricks just fall with no collision or direction now.

oh
no

oh
dear

this is a sad day for eventers

maybe badspot's improving it, maybe, in the future, it can collide with players, do damage, destroy cars, who knows?

maybe it's bad, maybe it's good.

Mine fall with collision. :u

They seem to work normally for me.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them still do this.
Blockland now limits your graphics to the max your computer can supposedly handle.
Get a better computer?

I may be wrong though, I haven't played today yet so I don't know if that's when the change was.

I just tested this...

Holy stuff, this man speaks the truth

Notice how the brick no longer is affected by the collision of other bricks

This was a simple, 2*2 falling from a stack of 1*1s where normally it would tumble off the side I guess

I've seen brick physics several times after the shadows and shaders update

Did something happen recently?

I recently discovered that when you delete a brick, its fake-killed brick can now collide with the ground.

Bullstuff.

Go to options and set physics quality higher.

Bullstuff.
-snip-

Go to options and set physics quality higher.

I've set them to the very max. The brick still fell right through the other bricks.

I've set them to the very max. The brick still fell right through the other bricks.
Well it works for me...
Also do never try to support bricks supposed to fall by 'bricks with no collision', because THEY WILL COLLIDE and not fall through.

Also do never try to support bricks supposed to fall by 'bricks with no collision', because THEY WILL COLLIDE and not fall through.

Already knew that, but that's irrelevant to the fact that they're falling right through ALL bricks.

EDIT: Just re-tested for a third time and now the physics are working fine. WTF.

I've noticed that even before v20, they can sometimes be picky and annoying, falling through stuff.