WorldBox - Watch towns survive and thrive then BURN THEM ALL DOWN

Author Topic: WorldBox - Watch towns survive and thrive then BURN THEM ALL DOWN  (Read 3276 times)

WorldBox is a little game I found on Newgrounds. It randomly generates a world for you to do anything you want. Add sand, grass, trees, and so on. The world spawns with one town, and eventually villagers will spread and make more towns, but you could also add your own towns to speed up the process. Once you're satisfied with your world, you can COMPLETELY DESTROY IT! Burn down the forests surrounding the towns, and finish off the survivors with a huge meteor (which can also occur naturally). Then, just press R.

Post pictures of your world pre/post-destruction!

I was about to be unfunny and call it a Minecraft clone, then I saw the map and it really looked like it could be one of those old as hell world editors. Not like I mind, though.

Also, how do the towns get food?

They get it by themselves, but I think they need to be near/in a lot of trees...

They get it by themselves, but I think they need to be near/in a lot of trees...
Yeah, I just figured that out. After the starting town expanded to 3 on a small island, they all died of starvation. I placed another town smack in the middle of a forest on the main island and they're swimming in food.

played it for like 4 minutes and got bored.

played it for like 4 minutes and got bored.
It can get boring quickly. It's more of a timewaster than a few hours of fun.

Can you zoom in?
It's like sooo hard to see any of them

No zoom, sadly. At least they're pink, so that they contrast from the world.

Rick click
Zoom In
Profit.

This is good, I just hate how it automatically builds roads when you place a city.

This is good, I just hate how it automatically builds roads when you place a city.
Yeah. Spawn a town on an island: road paved over open water with dead grass dumped on the side and massive lag when the town is being generated.

I killed an island but left some of it, and some survivors set up another town.

Yeah. Spawn a town on an island: road paved over open water with dead grass dumped on the side and massive lag when the town is being generated.
Jacob could I come over after school and after I go to the eye doctor tomorrow? And Yes I know this is off topic, I'm sorry.

Totally just noticed that when a town reaches essentially 0 population, and has been without food for a few years, the game will eliminate it with a meteor.

So I destroyed everything but a town.
They are repopulating, I'm not going to do anything but spawn trees/make land, Their last name is Woxam, TOWN OF WOXAM.

dude like, so much incest is going on, i see 2 people from the same mother had a baby.

Edited : GOD DAMMIT, Accidentally pressed R, there really should be a confirm.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:02:33 AM by The Big Bad Jellyfish »