Author Topic: Transferring BF3 to new OS  (Read 813 times)

So I currently have Windows Vista and Battlefield 3 and BF: BC2 installed on my computer for quite a long time now. I decided I want to change my OS to Windows 7 64-Bit tomorrow. If I copied these two battlefield games on a thumb drive, wipe out everything on my current PC, install Windows 7, and paste the Battlefield games, will I still be able to play these games?

I'm worried it may prompt me saying something like, "This product key is already being used by another PC".

It wouldn't work out too well as installing a game makes the game more "familiar" with the system.  I'm just speaking this in really simple terms here.

As far as that product key message, you should really only have that problem when two different computers try to use the same key at the same time.

It wouldn't work out too well as installing a game makes the game more "familiar" with the system.  I'm just speaking this in really simple terms here.

As far as that product key message, you should really only have that problem when two different computers try to use the same key at the same time.
So to be safe, I should just install BF3 and its 3 DLCs? That's gonna be time consuming!

Spend the time or have compatibility issues and have to do it anyway later on.
It's your choice, and it isn't a difficult one to make

Yeah you should just reinstall. While it's installing you can pass time with Cortex Command or something.