"Floorless" Environments

Author Topic: "Floorless" Environments  (Read 2724 times)

essentially, the ability to turn an environment's ground plane 'off', allowing players to fall infinitely into the void (and presumably die at some customizable point), and also turn it back on

i've got a script for the second part (as in, dying after falling X distance) but i've been removing the ground plane manually for Sunsoaked Sanctuary

I want the ability to remove the ground and still retain functionality like before the new update as well.

Space builds would be this much better.

The problem is, there wouldn't be anything to place bricks on.

Of course, we could build before doing so, but still...

well, it'd probably be better as a toggle. turn it on when you want to 'play', turn it off when you need to build.

This would be useful for some things, but I don't think it should be implemented as something default. It would work best as an Add-On.

i never said it had to be default?

yeah this would be nice, i'm sick of constantly typing /getid and then [ID].delete();

or something like that

Okay, wish granted.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=210169.0
Are you willing to add your killing code to the add-on?

Posting here since you locked the thread.
You did it in a pretty messy way, as Ephialtes said.
Personally, I would have added another selection to the default ground texture menu, and then parent envGui_SetVar to delete the ground plane if it was selected.
No annoying slash commands or unneeded client add-ons.
Also, the notification that the server is running the add-on; doing it on a really minor add-on just seems like a shameless e-peen thing to me, especially when you put your name on it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:15:40 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

This would be useful, but there is a similar lava-floor that can be used unless this is just for eye candy.
The problem is, there wouldn't be anything to place bricks on.

Of course, we could build before doing so, but still...
Maybe be able to build on a non-colliding,non-rendering, non-raycasting baseplate of sorts?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:43:46 PM by Cargøn »

I want the ability to remove the ground and still retain functionality like before the new update as well.
someone do this please

What's the point of this?  If you don't like having an invisible "floor" just build your stuff way high up.  It's basically the same as having a bottomless pit that kills players after a distance, provided falldamage is on or the ground is covered in invisible death-plates.