Author Topic: Day/Night cycle ... with a moon  (Read 707 times)

During the night, its too dark to do anything, and making it brighter would make no sense without a moon

YES.
ALL MY YES.
AND YOURS TOO!!!!!!

/agree we have a sun with changeable flares why no moon?

What about multiple moons as well?

What about multiple moons as well?
Doesen't seem possible, considering you can't create 2 suns, I'd imagine you'd make the sun flare/color a moon color if a moon were to be created

Doesen't seem possible, considering you can't create 2 suns, I'd imagine you'd make the sun flare/color a moon color if a moon were to be created
You can have two flares, but you can't have 2 lightsources

I'd do something like forcibly change the time of day to pre-dawn and at the same time change the sun to appear like the moon.

Sounds like it would work at any rate.

Already made, I am not sure you would want try this.
 http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=205538.0

They want to not need to change the sunflare and time to add a moon.

I'd do something like forcibly change the time of day to pre-dawn and at the same time change the sun to appear like the moon.

Sounds like it would work at any rate.
perhaps you could do a quick script on this so that when the flare passes the horizon, it changes the location of the flame to the opposite horizon behind you, then changes the flare to a moon. you could probably do this while keeping it dark like nighttime. you would have to do the same to remake the sun as well though.

overall, it is possible, and easy for anyone who actually knows how to script, and know the functions to change them at the same time. (which I don't.)

It's easily possible with minimal modification if you put two moons in the same flare image.