Author Topic: Anyone know a GOOD universal adapter for the SNES?  (Read 2328 times)

I recently bought an SNES, and there are a lot of games I would like to get for it. However, my most wanted is the masterpiece known as EarthBound, which I was unlucky enough to be born in a country where it was not originally sold. What's worse, though...

I was already aware of the alternative designs of the console depending on the region it's sold in, but what I didn't know is that each design uses a physical form of regional lockout.

I bought the PAL version of the console, which looks like this...

Also, note the shape of a PAL cartridge from a North American cartridge. (Except the additional chips)

The shape of the North American cartridge would not fit into a PAL console, so I need a good universal adapter in order to play the game. However, I've seen videos demonstrating this, and that certain adapters would still not work for certain imported games. Does anyone know a good adapter I could find that would run EarthBound on a PAL console?

if you bought a cartridge then couldn't you just emulate it?

if you bought a cartridge then couldn't you just emulate it?

the forget's the point of buying the actual thing to play the actual thing if you're just going to emulate it?

the forget's the point of buying the actual thing to play the actual thing if you're just going to emulate it?
it's illegal to download a ROM without owning the original cartridge

it's illegal to download a ROM without owning the original cartridge
its still illegal to download a NINTENDO rom even if you own the cartridge

you have to rip the rom yourself for it to be legal

you have to rip the rom yourself for it to be legal

How do I even do that if I wanted to?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:43:51 AM by Isaac Fox »

well dont ask me i dont know !!

I think SNES cartridges are rewritable

Get one of many SNES backup carts or better yet, order a Retrode.