10 (15.6%)
Legend
9 (14.1%)
Not sure.
15 (23.4%)
Not getting this game.
25 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: The War Z Megathread - 5 days left for discount!  (Read 22130 times)

The amount of grammatical errors in that message is interesting.

Personally i am not going to get this.
This seems like something stomped out of the ground to make money of the DayZ hype.
It's a nice idea and i see potential in it, but so far, i am not convinced.
But i will keep my eye out for this.

Okay, so they're the same genre and have some similiar elements is your arguement. Guess what, Minecraft and Blockland are both sandbox games with similiar elements.
Minecraft and blockland only share the ability to build, these two games share every aspect of their core gameplay. Minecraft and blockland share one core element.

Minecraft and blockland only share the ability to build, these two games share every aspect of their core gameplay. Minecraft and blockland share one core element.

Minecraft and Blockland both can involve PvP and killing things
Minecraft and Blockland both involve building
Minecraft and Blockland both have a day/night cycle
Minecraft and Blockland both have servers and multiplayer
Minecraft and Blockland have usernames
Minecraft and Blockland have text chat
Minecraft and Blockland use WASD to move Space to jump
Minecraft and Blockland are PC games
Minecraft and Blockland both can have mods

This is you right now, only for DayZ and WarZ

Minecraft is a survival game with building elements, blockland is a building game with easy modding.
Blockland can also be a survival games. There are servers with those aspects. The modding part is completely irrelevant because it is based on fact which individual person has easier understanding of the code.
Warz is a zombie survival game with Pvp elements, dayz is a zombie survival mod with Pvp elements.
WarZ has MMO aspects, totally different from DayZ's aspect. The survival and PvP is the only thing they share in common, , which doesn't prove this game is a "clone".
Your brown townogy is stupid.
So is yours. You started a meaningless argument about this game being a clone of a similar DayZ.
Simply making things more difficult to find does not make the game less Pvp oriented, it will probably make Pvp more prevelant due to resource rarity.
Exactly. That's what is going to make PvP better then DayZ's PvP. Most PvP is going to be melee in that game anyways, because, as you said, resource rarity. You will be actually able to run away from melee battle because of range, so either way, it depends if you choose to stay and fight.

Is there really any harm in using concepts put forth by a video game in the creation of your own game?

I mean, Minecraft is similar to Infiniminer, GTA IV is like JC2 is like SR3, Assassin's Creed is like Prince of Persia... The list goes on.
It's not copying, it's inspiration.

Most PvP is going to be melee in that game anyways, because, as you said, resource rarity. You will be actually able to run away from melee battle because of range, so either way, it depends if you choose to stay and fight.
It's going to be a matter of "that guy has a gun and you have a knife. You have died." Unless this game involves some stupid skills system or a stuffty turn based combat mechanic it's going to be the same.

Minecraft and Blockland both can involve PvP and killing things
Minecraft and Blockland both involve building
Minecraft and Blockland both have a day/night cycle
Minecraft and Blockland both have servers and multiplayer
Minecraft and Blockland have usernames
Minecraft and Blockland have text chat
Minecraft and Blockland use WASD to move Space to jump
Minecraft and Blockland are PC games
Minecraft and Blockland both can have mods

This is you right now, only for DayZ and WarZ
Except those are not core gameplay mechanics while killing zombies, scavenging, and Pvp are.

BACK TO ACTUAL WARZ DISCUSSION.

WE need a plan. I probably won't be able to play tomorrow, due to it releasing 7pm my time,plus download, plus beddybye at 10:00. I may be able to play a bit, but not enough worth planning for.

So, Tuesday. 4pm EST/12PM PST. If you want in, add me on skype, and I'll add you into a group.
Skype; SpitFir3Tornado

Is there really any harm in using concepts put forth by a video game in the creation of your own game?

I mean, Minecraft is similar to Infiniminer, GTA IV is like JC2 is like SR3, Assassin's Creed is like Prince of Persia... The list goes on.
It's not copying, it's inspiration.
Hold on a second.
The games you listed and their similarity are different then my view on this game and DayZ.
If i am wrong, please, do correct me.

The games you listed, are indeed inspired by the other games.
However, WarZ seems a very lot like DayZ.
In fact, as far as i can tell, it is like DayZ in ways of gameplay.
They just did some fancier/other graphics and used a sort of MMORPG way of releasing parts of the world.
What matters is that games can indeed be inspired by other games, but for them to be inspired by other games (and not being a plain copy), the gameplay needs to be different.
And that is what i and some other people, fail to see here.

BACK TO ACTUAL WARZ DISCUSSION.

WE need a plan. I probably won't be able to play tomorrow, due to it releasing 7pm my time,plus download, plus beddybye at 10:00. I may be able to play a bit, but not enough worth planning for.

So, Tuesday. 4pm EST/12PM PST. If you want in, add me on skype, and I'll add you into a group.
Skype; SpitFir3Tornado
There is no harm, it's just starfishs can't see how one might mistake the polished zombie survival game as the full release of the roughed up zombie mod whose debs have announced a polished zombie survival game.

War, Inc. runs rather beautifully for me. Kind of sluggish on lowest settings, but at least it's not choppy.

War, Inc. runs rather beautifully for me. Kind of sluggish on lowest settings, but at least it's not choppy.
Well, try and figure out that key i posted and try WarZ for yourself in the beta.

So how good is this? I always wanted to play an open-world Zombie Survival game. There is this, DayZ, and some other games going to be released - Class 3 and 4 or something. I just have no idea which one would be the better option.

So how good is this? I always wanted to play an open-world Zombie Survival game. There is this, DayZ, and some other games going to be released - Class 3 and 4 or something. I just have no idea which one would be the better option.
This, it's set up so that resources aren't hugely plentiful, you can't lose everything you have in 2 seconds, and zombies are actually hard to kill so teamwork is needed.

This, it's set up so that resources aren't hugely plentiful, you can't lose everything you have in 2 seconds, and zombies are actually hard to kill so teamwork is needed.
are they the run fast but you can shoot them in the chest zombies or the walk slow but headshot only zombies?

are they the run fast but you can shoot them in the chest zombies or the walk slow but headshot only zombies?
Run fast-ish, headshot/lots of health type of thing.