Author Topic: What cool stuff happens on YOUR birthday?  (Read 1139 times)

1944 – World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.

1969 – Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.

1973 – A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crCIA. The speed limit lasted only four months.

Then there's the rest of them...

On my next birthday I'll be the legal age of consent for Illinois! (But that didn't stop me before)

585 BC – A solar eclipse occurs, as predicted by Greek philosopher and scientist Thales, while Alyattes is battling Cyaxares in the Battle of the Eclipse, leading to a truce. This is one of the cardinal dates from which other dates can be calculated.
1503 – James IV of Scotland and Margaret Tudor are married according to a Papal Bull by Pope Alexander VI. A Treaty of Everlasting Peace between Scotland and England signed on that occasion results in a peace that lasts ten years.
1533 – The Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII of England to Anne Boleyn valid.
1588 – The Spanish Armada, with 130 ships and 30,000 men, sets sail from Lisbon heading for the English Channel. (It will take until May 30 for all ships to leave port).
1644 – Bolton Massacre by Royalist troops under the command of the Earl of Derby.
1754 – French and Indian War: in the first engagement of the war, Virginia militia under 22-year-old Lieutenant Colonel George Washington defeat a French reconnaissance party in the Battle of Jumonville Glen in what is now Fayette County in southwestern Pennsylvania.
1830 – President Andrew Jackson signs the Indian Removal Act which relocates Native Americans.
1871 – The Paris Commune falls.
1892 – In San Francisco, California, John Muir organizes the Sierra Club.
1905 – Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of Tsushima ends with the destruction of the Russian Baltic Fleet by Admiral Togo Heihachiro and the Imperial Japanese Navy.
1918 – The Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and the Democratic Republic of Armenia declare their independence.
Other history of my birthday

uhm
i share birthdays with a couple of British soccer players and a very famous golf player Jack Nicholas

Fireworks, everywhere.

Neckts year I can donate blood and Im excited for that. Also I can get a job

Resident Evil 6 came out

in history, nothing really notable, other than the first motion picture being shown, as well as the first talking movie
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:07:02 PM by Katamari007 »

Winter holiday ends on my birthday. Yipee T_T