Author Topic: Blockland crashes when saving!  (Read 1993 times)

OK SO
On occasion, when i save my bricks, Blockland crashes.
Blockland stops responding, and when i load the attempted save later, it is corrupted and only a few bricks load successfully.
I personally think it is somehow related to music bricks, because it happens on build involving music related events.
A few other people have brought this up but i still didnt find a solution:
I recently installed Version 21. When I had polished up my old house, I clicked "Save", but then my Blockland froze and crashed.
Is there any way to fix this issue?
Blockland has been acting up lately...I was building this BIG thing and when i saved the game crashed, I re-opened it and half the bricks were gone! Could someone please tell me why this is happening and how to fix it.
So I posted in Atlasblue's topic after a few occurences, this happened:
OK
 IM REALLY PISSED OFF THIS TIME
  Ive been GROUNDED from the computer
   and i FINALLY got un-grounded
    I made a Evil scientist testing facility
     and spent 2 and a half freaking hours on it
      and i saved JUST when i was about to test it
       and i LOST THE ENTIRE THING.
        and i LOST THE ORIGINAL SAVE
         and YES JPSC, INVINCIBLE PLAYER WAS DELETED.
          INEED HELPSo People suggested I post my console, which is understandable.
post your console.log after you try saving and crash.
it can be found in 'my documents/blockland'
Try running a trace, then do whatever you did to make it crash, then upload the console.log somewhere like dropbox.
You said you had a traced console log right?

Upload it to any file hosting site, such as dropbox, mediafire, or filesmelt. We'll be able to easily track down what add-on is causing the issue.
I told you what needed to do.

Seriously, go to filesmelt.com and click upload. Then paste the link here.

If you cannot do this then you're too incompetent to receive help on this issue. In fact, you are. I'm just bailing you out.
We cant help help you it all without any logs, upload it to mediafire and i'll view it.
So with the suggestion from PEcon, I posted my Console so the problem would be found.
This is the console from the above experiment.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/console_Sept181.log
And nothing happened for a very  long time.
Bump.
 I posted the console, why isnt anything happening?
  Someone, PLEASE!
... BUMP!
Its been 48 days since I posted my console
DAYS!!

Until Acerblock came up with this great idea:
Make your own loving topic then!
The end. this has been an incredibly irritating issue for months now. Please help.

It's likely an addon.

uncheck every addon you have and enable 1 and figure out what it is. when you find the addon that is crashing you, post the name of it here

or you can simply delete the addons folder and just restart

Get rid of Ephialtes' Save Saver Addon. Or any other save backup mods you happen to have. Ever since v21 came out this has been a huge problem for me. The mod randomly crashes the game sometimes, it probably has something to do with the fact that its trying to save the save to the backup folder when the game's new saving method won't allow it.

This still happens to me though on rare occasions still without the addon. Take my advice: Run alternating save files. Each time you save, save in the older file. Remember to check the dates to check which one has your most recent version of your build too.

Get rid of Ephialtes' Save Saver Addon.
I dont know if i have it, where would i find it

I dont know if i have it, where would i find it
in your add-ons folder

Ok, I dont have it
or cant find it :/