Author Topic: Attention Davy and friends of Davy  (Read 1631 times)

It appears Davy has had his Steam account compromised:

Do not click any links he sends you until he regains control of his account, and obviously do not visit the link in the image.

I thought I'd post this here publicly instead of just sending him a PM so as to try to notify others of this before someone else falls victim.

I clicked the link but obviously I didn't enter my information.

Any risk of driveby exploits?

If you're stupid enough to enter your information, you deserve to get your account hacked.

If you're stupid enough to enter your information, you deserve to get your account hacked.
Well that's a little bit over the top isn't it?

I mean the website appears legitimate to most people who aren't sensible enough to check the URL.

How can people fall for this?

steamcommunitu.bugs3? Seems legit

I blocked and removed him

Who the forget actually falls for those?

Who the forget actually falls for those?

How can people fall for this?

Some of them are more cleverly designed than others.

Such as the one pictured in the OP, which of course would be an example of a not-so-cleverly-designed one.

This guy is pinging from name to name running the same thing, Davy was not hacked its just a copycat scammer. The person does this themselves its not a bot seeing from when I tried to mess with him, also the next account he posed as was a furry ironically.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Infomaniac: Is this an alt or something?
DavyC.: Hello
DavyC.: this is my second account
DavyC.: http://steamconmun nope
DavyC.: have you seen that written about you on the forum?
Infomaniac: You misspelled community
Infomaniac: What you up to davie :33333
Infomaniac: is this your idleing acc :3?!?!
Infomaniac: <3 <3 <3
DavyC.: forget off furcigarette

I wouldn't honestly rule out any chance of getting infected with some type of malware just by visiting the website.

If you're running an outdated browser, might as well do a scan with MalwareBytes just to be safe.

"if you're stupid enough to walk past an alley, you deserve to get mugged"