Author Topic: Somebody has gotten access to my hotmail account  (Read 563 times)

wake up
check email
what the hell
I didn't send these!

Change password and recovery information. Your account was compromised so it can be someone's zombie.

Change password and recovery information. Your account was compromised so it can be someone's zombie.

What do you mean "zombie"

I think he means minion

err

I guess he means "stealing a e-mail account and using it to advertise stuff"

uh oh

You must seperate yourself from society for 7 days, on returning you are to go to a temple with two doves, one is to be burnt at your side and the other to be sacrificed in blood.

A zombie is some type of account under control by a remote source without the consent of the account's owner. For example, most computers are infected with some type of RAT virus so that when some hacker gets fed up with a website, he can control all of his zombie computers and flood the server, effectively denying service (see: distributed denial of service attack) to everyone. Zombie email accounts are just email accounts that are under control by a third party and are used to send out emails automatically.

stealing a e-mail account and using it to advertise stuff
Wasn't that obvious before you made this topic?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:55:53 AM by weaver123 »

A zombie is some type of account under control by a remote source without the consent of the account's owner. For example, most computers are infected with some type of RAT virus so that when some hacker gets fed up with a website, he can control all of his zombie computers and flood the server, effectively denying service (see: distributed denial of service attack) to everyone. Zombie email accounts are just email accounts that are under control by a third party and are used to send out emails automatically.

Thanks for the info
I changed my password

wait

is it possible to find out who forgeted with my e-mail account

Thanks for the info
I changed my password

wait

is it possible to find out who forgeted with my e-mail account

Yahoo has an "IPs that logged on" thing, not sure about hotmail. No doubt your hacker was using a VPN and his IP is useless. Plus, if he truly has access to your account via RAT, he'd easily be able to hijack it back.

If your email address didn't have its password changed, chances are you were targeted using an email spoofer.

I wouldn't worry, just change your password and scan with malwarebytes just in case.