Author Topic: Saving 'build' permissions  (Read 1165 times)

Ah, I'm tired of spending hours on a build, then some one steals it in 3 seconds.

I don't know if it is possible, but could there be a way to restrict saving builds on servers, to were you have to have like build permission to save other people's bricks on the server?

If you make this you will get your key revoked. People have the right to have access to your builds. If you do not want people saving your builds then stop hosting online servers.

Badspot said he will personally go after users who try to make these kind of mods. The point of blockland is playing on builds, and that purpose is achieved best when builds are shared.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:40:59 PM by Planr »

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 
Uh sorry mate.

If you make this you will get your key revoked. People have the right to have access to your builds. If you do not want people saving your builds then stop hosting online servers.

Badspot said he will personally go after users who try to make these kind of mods. The point of blockland is playing on builds, and that purpose is achieved best when builds are shared.
Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 
I'd like to say I'm glad for once someone got the "No you are not allowed to do this period." in before everyone came storming in debating why public build saving is right or wrong or how to screw with people who steal it or how to hide the credits in it or how build stealing/selfishness is killing Blockland.

If you consider saving the same as stealing
You're gonna have a bad time

I feel sorry for the people that have no idea what's coming when they post things like this.

I feel sorry for the people that have no idea what's coming when they post things like this.
lol

This literally isn't possible unless Badspot suddenly goes against his own previous statements on the matter. Break the server-sided saving commands so the default save function doesn't work? Too bad, I can easily make an unstoppable client script to save all the bricks I've seen in minutes.

The only way to stop it would be to stop me from ghosting your server's bricks, which would require engine-level access and would make your server unplayable anyway.

This literally isn't possible unless Badspot suddenly goes against his own previous statements on the matter. Break the server-sided saving commands so the default save function doesn't work? Too bad, I can easily make an unstoppable client script to save all the bricks I've seen in minutes.
at the same time this could only save the properties sent to you at the time of ghosting. It wouldn't save events.

at the same time this could only save the properties sent to you at the time of ghosting. It wouldn't save events.

Fair enough, but it's still possible to save the build and, if it has any outstanding events, add them so the build still works. Obviously this won't work for event computers, but there are a surprising number of very good brick-only builds.

Oh ok, I was just wondering, i didn't know Badspot WANTED people to be able to save your builds unconditional. I ll just make sure I embed my name in all my builds so people would at-least know the original person who built it.

I don't know, I just got kinda upset when I built this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK9lBKxyLik

Then later on find out someone stole it from me and claimed they made it