Why would I "Quit" Blockland?

Author Topic: Why would I "Quit" Blockland?  (Read 2240 times)

Ah okay.

Still, the console is ignored by most children who play the game. If you ask me it shouldn't even be there.

Console window, quit command--- its still not a replacement for a traditional quit button in a game whatever way you look at it.

I'm not sure you appreciate that if you think manually closing the console window or typing the command makes any difference to the point.

why does the extra 3 seconds blockland takes to close too much for you?
I'm 18 and have a lot of things to do

is it really necessary to post a topic about why you think the very visible and easy to access default function is silly and has no use?
no, not really. I haven't done that either.
I'm just curious about the benefits of closing Blockland with the Quit button.

not to mention all the kids that don't even know console exists and would be extremely confused
Perhaps all those kids wouldn't be able to inform me anyway had I explained it to them.
This part still sounds like a joke to me.

no, are you joking?
i bet a solid 1/6 of blockland doesn't know what console is and has never used it before.
I bet they don't use the forums either.

thats what i have always done :D

never in my nerd career of computer use has that ever caused problems.
I fried a hard drive doing that.  Sure it took 6 years but I miss that data

I fried a hard drive doing that.  Sure it took 6 years but I miss that data
I doubt you fried the hard-drive itself, probably just the file-system and/or a couple of files. Also note that that wouldn't happen with a journaling file-system.

You've most likely spent more time thinking and posting about this topic than you saved by closing it by console.

Edit: And another point, when you click quit, you don't have to wait for it to close, you can alt+tab to something else while it's closing.

I can never tell if Nym is just really stupid or if hes some sort of master troll

thats what i have always done :D

never in my nerd career of computer use has that ever caused problems.
Is that a myth or does it actually do something?

Is that a myth or does it actually do something?
It can cause a file to get corrupted if it's actively being written to while you do it.

I can never tell if Nym is just really stupid or if hes some sort of master troll
Actually I'm just thinking about a lot of stuff.
and you seem to be an starfish for no reason. nice job. /clap

If you ask me it shouldn't even be there
Mac OSX
no console :D

This is a bit off-topic, but when I first played Blockland I tried to close the command console.

Anyways, I only do it when Blockland crashes for otherwise fails to respond.