Music Timescale GUI

Author Topic: Music Timescale GUI  (Read 708 times)

If you set the timescale in-game lower or higher then play a song, the song either speeds up or slows down depending on the scale set.

What Id like to see is some way to control this without an edit of the servers timescale. Perhaps a GUI on the music brick itself, or events to set it manually. He'll, make it a stand alone GUI with a keybind that works with the client music players.

If you were to make the timescale higher for a split second, set the music, then set the timescale back, that'd probably work.

on the client, that'd require some extra timing though

I know about that method, I'm thinking more toward servers where you are not in control of the timescale.
Servers where you are not admin.

I know about that method, I'm thinking more toward servers where you are not in control of the timescale.
Servers where you are not admin.
I've never actually tried, but there's a good chance clientCmdTimescale could work.

I was talking about it being automated anyway.

I've never actually tried, but there's a good chance clientCmdTimescale could work.

I was talking about it being automated anyway.

Are you thinking of setting the entire servers timescale with the GUI? Or is there a way to have it only affect the song/music brick?

Are you thinking of setting the entire servers timescale with the GUI? Or is there a way to have it only affect the song/music brick?
basically, when the music is set, it follows the current set timescale. so thus, if you were to use the clientcmdtimescale(timescale); then set the music, it would make the music go at that speed. however, if someone were to script it to do that within a second, (via milliseconds) then this could be done. i could probably do that for you. however, someone would need to make the GUI,(i do not know how to make GUI's) then i could do this.