Author Topic: Why Being Gay is a Choice  (Read 18233 times)

Robo inspired me to revisit this issue that many of you seem to jump on the bandwagon with.

Three years ago, I met this semi-geeky kid named Andrew. He and I were into computers at the time, so we would talk and discuss the latest and greatest on what computers were capable of. I should also mention, that we both liked these girls in one of the cliques at our school. Usually, during lunch, we'd go and mack on the women who ranked decently popular on the social caste. Over the course of the school year, neither of us "got the girl" we liked, and I told him that it wasn't that big of an issue. Andrew and I hung out still, but I noticed it took kind of a toll on him. He'd make remarks on how males higher in the social hierarchy were "total jerks / why doesn't she like me" sort of babble. I just told him they were stupid, and you don't need to worry about it.

tl;dr befriended geek who liked girls. didn't get the girl

Anyways, fast forward a few years. I hadn't seen Andrew in quite some time, since we had different classes. I met back up with him on the first day of Sophomore year, and noticed he acted different. When I mentioned the subject of women, he said he "wasn't really into girls right now." Thinking the whole ordeal yesteryear had demolished his confidence, I calmly replied that he should check out some of the older women to change his mind. He just declined and I went on with my business.

tl;dr geek is hurt because no girls liked him, turns gay

I had heard some rumours that Andrew had turned gay later that year. According to people he had turned into quite the pervert, except he would hit on guys from the lower classed kids in our school. I suddenly realised that what had happened years back completely changed him. He realised that since he was gay, girls would come see him as a safe person to talk to, and learn things. I'm sure it bothered him that he was now excluded from practically every guy clique, but he never showed it.

tl;dr geek realizes that he can hang with women because he's gay

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I probably should have told this earlier, during the Oreo gay thing, but oh well. I even provided tl;dr's after every paragraph so that you guys wouldn't have an excuse to skip the important stuff / make idiotic posts.

Everyone can stop living in their fantasy that there is a gay gene, and that we should totally praise these people. Human males are mentally hard-wired to find women appealing. I know for a fact I do. I'm not talking about animals or anything else. If you didn't figure out by now, people just want to be be accepted and fit in. So that's exactly what Andrew did, he tried to fit in with the girls.

The main point here is: People make the choice to be gay, they aren't born gay.

Thanks for your time. Let the games begin.

Oh boy here we go again.

These aren't facts, they are opinions.

well i mean

aren't we all born with the same kind of survival / reproductive instincts?

well i mean

aren't we all born with the same kind of survival / reproductive instincts?

mostly
>hermaphrodites and aloveuals

You have no scientific evidence backing this, while the contrary is backed with studies.

The main point here is: People make the choice to be gay, they aren't born gay.

mostly
>hermaphrodites and aloveuals
Not really what I was referring to, I meant the drives in your brain.

think about it like this:  if being gay is genetic, why are these genetics suddenly becoming more "visible" now?

think about it like this:  if being gay is genetic, why are these genetics suddenly becoming more "visible" now?

Because people used to have to hide it. Being gay is much more accepted than it was a hundred years ago.

Because gay people aren't persecuted now as much they would have been in the past?

Because people used to have to hide it. Being gay is much more accepted than it was a hundred years ago.
Because gay people aren't persecuted now as much they would have been in the past?
good points, nevermind.

"Choice" is a terrible word to describe it because it makes you think that someone just woke up and decided "I will be gay now".