Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 4723 times)

I just thought I would mention this since it hasn't been really talked about. I am also probably late so tell me if I am but Windows 8 is to be released 10/26 which is in 5 days. By the time I get it, it will be a while after. So discuss Windows 8 and whether you are getting it or not

Not getting it.
Never getting it.
It's not real windows.
Microsoft is making an excuse to ship a whole new OS.

I'm looking into a laptop that has windows 8 on it. I am not so worried about it though, because I have seen people turn windows 8 into desktop form. (Pretty sure I have)

Wndows 7/vista/XP master race

all these people complaining about the start button

honestly i've been running windows 8 release version for quite some time

i have found it easier to NOT use the start button, as I can start programs extremely fast without it, because search for applications is much faster.

the general look of windows 8 is much cooler too, i like the more boxy than round

the metro ui i don't really care for much on my desktop computer. on tablets its really cool but on the desktop computers its just a nice thing to have.
i almost NEVER use it.

the new task manager is awesome, and lots of small gui's that you don't use much have been updated and look a lot cooler and are more useful.
for example, the new file moving gui is really cool, as it shows a graph of how the speed has gone.

windows 8 isn't that much different from 7, but different enough it is defiantly worth the upgrade.

if you have more questions or want me to make a video about it or something let me know

Still, they can't just COMPLETELY change the format of  windows and expect us to accept it as such.

I ignored Vista and only started using 7 when I bought a new computer almost 2 years back.

I like 7. I never upgraded to Vista because it just didn't seem necessary (nor wise with some of the reviews and complaints I saw).

Probably just do the same again. Stick to 7 until the next computer I have uses a newer version... maybe I'll downgrade if its a train wreck lol.

as much as 8 has the handicapped UI. i have seen in all youtube vids that you can simply not use it and use a classic desktop like we have now.
and not having the start menu dosnt really matter. use the taskbar or desktop icon to have your search, run, "my computer"/drives.

its really no issue. i guess it really depends on what other advantages 8 may be updated to.

you cant hate a windows because of UI lol... these arent macs guys. if there is anything we know about pc, is that we can customize the stuff out of them.

Still, they can't just COMPLETELY change the format of  windows and expect us to accept it as such.
any other reasons you dislike it other than "it's different"?

i suppose this change has been more radical than other changes over the years but it's still no excuse. in the event you were, for some reason, forced to use 8, you would eventually get used to it.

i'm not saying that you only dislike it because you hate change, because I've heard plenty of valid reasons to not like windows 8, and i'm not defending it either. i'm sort of in between. the UI is cool, but i'm mostly concerned about gaming support, and if there's not much of that, i'll be sticking with 7.

I like 7. I never upgraded to Vista

why/how could you "upgrade" to a lower version of windows?