Psychological survey for school

Author Topic: Psychological survey for school  (Read 1377 times)

I'm doing a survey for my psychology class. I had to chose a observational or experimental research approach and being lazy I picked observational.

My question I chose is the relationship between why people play video-games and age.

Do you play video-games and if so what type of game do you play and why do you play them? Please say your age in the comment.

Thank you for your time.

Do you play video games? - Yes
If so what type - FPS games
Why do you play them - They are fun, interesting and kill time.
Age - 12

(If computer games count, building, FPS, Blockland)

I wonder if anyone here at the Blockland forums plays any videogames?

I wonder if anyone here at the Blockland forums plays any videogames?
He's probably talking about VIDEO games, not computer games, although some people consider it the same..

If so what type - A large variety (from casual to FPS)
Why do you play them - They are very entertaining and helps reduce my boredom.
Age - 15

Yes

RPGs, Casuals, Shooters, Platformers

Because it's a lot of fun and a good way to unwind

I'm 17

Protip: Make this into questionnaire form with Google Docs.

I play mostly kiddy games. Not an FPS fan. I like them because they're typically full of wish-fulfillment or somehow otherwise fun.

He's probably talking about VIDEO games, not computer games, although some people consider it the same..
That's like saying Xbox games aren't video games.
They are, you're just being more specific as to what you're using to play them.

I mostly prefer MMORPGs because they entertain me longer than other games, especially FPS games. Don't know why though. FPS games can be very entertaining but after an hour or two of play I get really bored and need to take a break. MMOs I could play all day (if I had time and didn't have work/school) and not get bored.

There is no difference because VIDEO games are now cross platform, meaning a game like CoD, for instance, can be played with a console and with a computer.

Do you play video games? Yes
If so, what type? Strategy/Simulation.
Why do you play them? They, in my opinion, allow for far more customization and a lot of replayability.
Age - 15

If so, what type? Sandbox or Strategy, Multiplayer, sometimes FPS without the blood and gore.
Why do you play them?
* I like to play on multiplayer instead of AI/singleplayer because I actually want to interact, instead of being in a closed environment.
* Sandbox: They satisfy my need to construct things without limitations.
* Strategy: I like to be challenged, and I prefer losing and winning over almost always winning, because I like to learn from my mistakes.
* FPS w/o blood/gore: It's hard for me to try a FPS if it's adult-oriented, because of my anxiety. Although, if it's goreless, then I would try it, especially if it can be modded.
Age - 14
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:01:47 PM by Axolotl2 »

Do you play video games: Yes
If so, what type: multiplayer, sandbox, strategy
Whay do you play them:
Multiplayer: I like to interact with others
Sandbox: I like to be creative and build things
Strategy: I like to test my mind

If so, what type? FPS I guess
Why do you play them? To have fun
Age - 16

If so what type - Anything that's interesting, although I tend to lean towards FPS and Strategy
Why do you play them - They help relieve boredom
Age - 13