Author Topic: 2012/10/24 - Blockland r1749  (Read 43038 times)

From this day forth I shall forever use skulls as buttons.
Holy dooly, that is genius. :P
The omnomnom-ing was great, but i didn't think of that like at all. :P
I got a humble request from a fan on the facebook page, I thought i would leave here.

Wha-
No seriously, what.

Blockland on iPad?
pfffffffffffAHAHAHAHAHAHHOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHAHAAAAAAA

anyway, update is lovey

Badspot

• Administrator
has anyone said anything about projectile transparency seeming to be broken

cause projectile transparency seems to be broken.

Please actually describe the problem. 

This update broke all my JVS doors, switches, and windows.

Again, please actually describe the problem.  The word "broke" communicates nothing.  You probably enabled support_legacydoors without knowing what it does, then posted here without reading the OP. 

nostrils, inaccurate, etc

There are many ways to interpret a human skull into a cube.  I don't think nostrils are out of line.

too small
Rotondo made the skull and coffin, so I'd like to take this opportunity to throw him under the bus.  But seriously, I believe the intent here was to make at least somewhat line up with the blockhead face:

The eyes line up reasonably, the mouth is probably hopeless due to the design of the blockhead face.  It might be reasonable to scale it up 25% or so and have it fill the head volume. 

Ahem,

The easiest way to make the coffin so you can build inside it is to flag it as a water brick.  This is a side effect. 

In my opinion, the coffin is a bit too tall when horizontally placed.

Projectiles are black, the gun's shells are black, and the gun's projectile lacks a trail particle

http://imgur.com/12qOI,MSeaq,9FUzH#0

The skulls are technically not too small, but they look very small in comparison to the default head.
Lego for example has as big skulls as normal heads.
The nostrils also look very tiny in comparison to everything else in blockland - try making them larger maybe?

There are many ways to interpret a human skull into a cube.  I don't think nostrils are out of line.
A skull only appears to have nostrils when seen from the front in certain lighting.

I'd say it usually looks more like a pear-shaped hole than two separate nostrils.

The LEGO version is simple yet convincing:

Rotondo made the skull and coffin, so I'd like to take this opportunity to throw him under the bus. 
This is the funniest thing I've seen all day haha

I got a humble request from a fan on the facebook page, I thought i would leave here.
The messages privately sent to the page are almost always so stupid they're funny.

Edit:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:18:50 AM by Soukuw »