Author Topic: Blockday Night Combat - You're bacon me crazy!  (Read 4036 times)

Blockday Night Combat!

As you guys may know, I am a gigantic fan of SMNC, but couldn't do much due to my lack of coding knowledge. That has changed.
Code stuffs:
Leveling and EXP: ~95%
Skills: ~50%
Weaponry: 0%
Cash System: ~10%

Model Stuffs:
I can model myself, however I really want to focus on the code. I would appreciate if anyone could model the following for me:
Assault:
Assault Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Assassin:
Shuriken Gun
Dagger
Sword
Support:
Healgun/Hurtgun
Shotgun
Gunner:
Minigun
Mortar
Sniper:
Sniper Rifle
SMG
Tank:
Jetgun
Railgun
These can be found here (Names are accurate, just look for the names)

Credits:
Alphadin(7458) - Coding, Project Leader
Lilboarder(3683) - Tutoring me on coding, assistance on syntax correction.
Masterlegodude(590) - Testing and helping me debug

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Post them below!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:34:38 PM by Alphadin »

I'll help out if you need any, either with coding or balancing the classes properly for Blockland. When SMNC was in the invitational beta, a team of 5 of us played it constantly since it was around winter break, so even though I haven't played it in awhile we certainly played it a lot and I know it all works and the ins and out of balance in that game.

I'll help out if you need any, either with coding or balancing the classes properly for Blockland. When SMNC was in the invitational beta, a team of 5 of us played it constantly since it was around winter break, so even though I haven't played it in awhile we certainly played it a lot and I know it all works and the ins and out of balance in that game.
Oh thanks man. I've had a lot of trouble getting a good EXP cap equation. The one I'm currently using is %expcap = %client.level*240. I need a much more balanced equation. Do you think you could write one up?

Oh thanks man. I've had a lot of trouble getting a good EXP cap equation. The one I'm currently using is %expcap = %client.level*240. I need a much more balanced equation. Do you think you could write one up?

Well the EXP to level up in SMNC is kinda silly. Level 1 to 2 is 150 and level 2 to 3 is 190, but level 3 to 4 is only 160. Other than that though it has the typical trend of increasing as you get to higher levels. If you really want to use an equation that provides about the same rate of growth as SMNC's exp table, then you could try something like this:

Code: [Select]
%x = %client.level;
%expcap = 0.0607 * mPow(%x,4) - 1.3417 * mPow(%x,3) + 14.073 * mPow(%x,2) + 1.2695 * %x + 131.97;

(Just an approximate equation generated from the EXP values that they use per level.)

%x = %client.level;
%expcap = 0.0607 * mPow(%x,4) - 1.3417 * mPow(%x,3) + 14.073 * mPow(%x,2) + 1.2695 * %x + 131.97;
(Just an approximate equation generated from the EXP values that they use per level.)
Using the equation broke the leveling system.

Holy stuff.
It's truce.
I thought the same, but i came into this topic because i am interested in this project. :P

Good luck Alphadin and those who help him.
I am looking forward to the results, just like before. ;)

Using the equation broke the leveling system.

It will produce a decimal, so if you have something that requires an integer, you'll need to round it off.

But remember, that equation is more or less the curve the actual SMNC uses, so unless you have the same exp gains from certain events, you might have balanced them around the old equation. That is, since it now only takes 1560 experience to hit level 15 at 14 (which is what it is in SMNC) compared to your old 3360, you'll find yourself leveling up faster.

It will produce a decimal, so if you have something that requires an integer, you'll need to round it off.

But remember, that equation is more or less the curve the actual SMNC uses, so unless you have the same exp gains from certain events, you might have balanced them around the old equation. That is, since it now only takes 1560 experience to hit level 15 at 14 (which is what it is in SMNC) compared to your old 3360, you'll find yourself leveling up faster.
These are the EXP values.

No... announcer...
Akdisiwjdr9di

Made some progress on the skill system

That exp table looks correct, but for total exp for that level, not exp required to reach that level after the previous level. Unless that is what you are going for?

That exp table looks correct, but for total exp for that level, not exp required to reach that level after the previous level. Unless that is what you are going for?
I'm going for Total EXP required to reach it.

I'm going for Total EXP required to reach it.

Well, that would explain why the equation broke it then, haha. This one should get pretty close:

%x = %client.level;
%expcap = 2.4412 * mPow(%x,3) - 2.1869 * mPow(%x,2) + 214.17 * %x - 86.633;

So if I'm level 8, %expcap is set to 2736.66, and in SMNC you hit level 9 at 2740 exp. Looks set.